This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

How is APO consulting market

APO: Advanced Planning and Optimization

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Postby guest_APO » Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:44 am

Hallo all;

A really beneficial discussion for me about APO. I heard APO is the topmost product SAP invest on and I wonder why SAP has such a strategy after I experienced APO. It seems the product won't be popular as SAP planned. May be they are also using Demand Planning :))
guest_APO

get away donot waste time

Postby rap » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:32 am

Get away , waste people.Better use time on job rather on thses subjects
rap

Postby guest_APO » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:06 am

Rap,

This is none of your business. Stop being rule on people. Everyone can comment on such this democratic forum. If I didn't like APO Demand Planning and express my words than why are you so much unconfortable about it? I only want to warn people who are planning to built a career on APO to be realistic about it.

Regards.
guest_APO

Optimization

Postby oochywally » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:15 am

Hi all,

I've been reading your posts about APO forecasted market, and I was particularly interested in your "optimization" concerns.

I must admit that, even though we're facing troubles because we're doing that in a process industry (and APO is not really designed for it), SNP optimizer is now in a good fit : after 6 months of scepticism, users are finally admitting that calculation are, at least, better than their f*%+ excel sheets; Moreover, it predicted the closure of one plant and proposed sometimes surprising though better solutions on a bucket ..

I'm more into PP/DS at the moment, and to be honest it sucks quite bad. We're implementing an external solving engine, and each time I have to test it, I'm appalled by its lack of ergonomy.

Anyway, I'm not anxious about the future projects. SCM is the key (and a far more valuable than CRM) for most B2B industries (including commodities, automotive, computer assemblers ...)

Regards,
oochywally

APO : How much is it worth?

Postby Asia_APO » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:45 am

All things are fine but how much is the market size for APO really? How many installations are currently there and how much will it grow?

If I jump into this as a career will there be sufficient future for me?

Also, is there a dearth of APO professionals? :?:
Asia_APO

Postby salfcl » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:23 am

I don't see much demand for APO expertise in Asia except for one or two implementations in China and Australia. Elsewhere, it is pretty much dead.
salfcl

How is the US market doing?

Postby 51869 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:09 pm

And how does the SAP SCM solution compare to other competitors? Is the product itself sound and stable by now?

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:59 pm

How is the current APO market in US ?. Do you think it will be good next year ?

BUSY....I'D LIKE SOME TIME OFF

Postby DARTH » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:26 am

I've been flat out for that last 5 years in PPDS at sweet/beer/dog-food/fag/textile/fragrance...yes parksy even biscuit factories for a day or two when the going was getting tough for the guys on the ground..guess who?? . I'm considering learning one of the easy modules to get some time off at home.
DARTH

Postby zz » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:03 pm

Wrong Forum! Next time all posts will be deleted without warning!
ZZ
zz

Previous

Return to APO and SCM