This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Tech. obj. for service contract item with schedule line

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:03 am

Hi,

We want to use the service contracts with technical objects in a scenario where the service is externally procured. The contract item has a schedule line category which creates a purchase requisition and a item category which allows schedule lines.

We have found that using these settings it's impossible to enter technical objects (equipment, func. locs) for the contract item. Only serial numbers can be entered for the contract item!?

Does anyone know of the correct settings to allow both technical objects and schedule lines to create purchase requisitions?

Kind regards,

Leon

other way around..

Postby berkin » Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:59 am

Do you create a maintenance plan so as to generate service order for tracking the service process? If so I would advise to use the standart item and schedule, enter technical object and in maintenance item you could use a task list that only contains an extarnally processed operation (SM02) to generate a purchase requisition...

berkin
berkin

Postby meie0062 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:02 pm

I am curious if anyone else had solved this issue yet with the inability to attach technical objects to a contract line item once a schedule line is generated?

My scenario is similar as described previously - I have a requirement to purchase a service contract from a third-party, and then resell to our end customer. We would like this tied together in the document flow so we can easily backtrack what purchase order is for which end customer contract.

I don't believe the use of a service order (SM02) as described below is appropriate as I'm actually purchasing a contract - not any time/materials from the third party at this point.

I'm debating creating a dummy line to store the object information on, but that would cause form changes, etc. Any thoughts would be appricated.
meie0062

Postby PJA » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:30 am

meie0062,

Locked: hijacking someone elses post.

You should create a new post and reference any useful posts (like this one)

PeteA
PJA

Return to Logistics PM