This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

HCL America refuses to pay expenses - A Fact to know

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

HCL America refuses to pay expenses - A Fact to know

Postby yatinbhatt » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:38 am

Hi All,

I thought, you all techies should know this incident happened with me recently. This might help you considering your decisions working for HCL America in any sense.

I was hired by HCL America in July 2006 to save their a$$ on a project which makes them millions of dollars but they do not have any strong SAP lead to keep the project in hands for long time.

I was asked to takeover the project. I had to bear $5000 with my current employer towards GC processing fees. HCL agreed to pay $2500 (50%)..

I flew from OHIO to California, stayed in hotel for couple of weeks and other transportation charges ... All self paid until get reimbursed. Total amount comes to $5300

Claims got submitted, got approved from managers & Finance people. But payment department got late in releasing the payments.

So far story looks great and genuine effort for paying the new joining employee expenses.

Now it is almost 1 Yr, I left the company also but still payments not made which were approved 1 Yr ago.

After waiting for 6 months, I started follow up ... things does not move and new people got assigned to look into the matter.

Finally couple of weeks back, which is almost 1 year, they come back and reply that,

"We discussed this matter with Finance head within HCL, and he refused to pay so we are not allowed to release any payment.". The people who approved the claim are in diff Geo region. and they have some traditional fighting within internal units

I had taken over the project in a very bad shape and earned good name for them, and the so called multinational company is behaving this way.

So guys, please consider this incident before you make any decision for working with HCL America.

Thanks for reading so far.

Regards,
YB
Last edited by yatinbhatt on Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
yatinbhatt
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 4:05 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby thx4allthefish » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:11 am

you do have such problems once a year, don't you? you resigned on short term yet again? why?
curiousorange wrote:I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?
thx4allthefish
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:18 pm
Location: barolo barrel

Postby justuser1 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:51 am

If you can help it, never ever work for ANY Indian Company excepting perhaps INFOSYS.

Its about the culture our companies have grown up.
I Love The English. Minus Grammer and Spelling i.e.
justuser1
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:54 pm

Postby bgamble » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:24 am

justuser1 wrote:If you can help it, never ever work for ANY Indian Company excepting perhaps INFOSYS.

Its about the culture our companies have grown up.


If you can help it, never work on any project where yatinbhatt
is doing basis work. Looks like things never go well
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control
bgamble
 
Posts: 4174
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:24 pm
Location: Prague CZ

Postby justuser1 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:22 pm

bgamble wrote:If you can help it, never work on any project where yatinbhatt
is doing basis work. Looks like things never go well


I dont know about the individuals, but if you are a contractor/ business, its better to have some first principles. Mine is

a) Avoid work for Indian companies unless they pay in advance.
b) Avoid working for cash strapped companies.

Another rule. In any fight, nobody is right because nobody who listens normally cares. Therefore unlike Bhutt, I would not therefore complain though.

BTW one of Indian companies never paid my 3 months of Indian Salary without any justification even though I gave them 98% utilisation. I can go on and on why this happens.

This is a free advice....please do try your luck with HCL's and WIPROS of the world to know better.
I Love The English. Minus Grammer and Spelling i.e.
justuser1
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:54 pm

Postby yatinbhatt » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:39 pm

thx4allthefish
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:11 pm Post subject:
you do have such problems once a year, don't you? you resigned on short term yet again? why?


@fish: no. it's not the case. I resigned with fulfillment of the contract terms. And also, left 30 days worth overtime work money as well.

If you can help it, never work on any project where yatinbhatt
is doing basis work. Looks like things never go well


@bgamble: Unless you work with YB, you won't know the truth. Do little bit of home work before making such comments.

This is a free advice....please do try your luck with HCL's and WIPROS of the world to know better.


@justuser1: I agree with your point. These companies are very non-professional with consultants and always suck their blood. They do not have any ethics and forget their commitments.

I am not complaining or bitching around to get some help ... Just want to make sure that people are aware of such companies because any American company won't change policies for diff employees.

I had talked to many Indian companies in the Us regarding projects, and always found many catches ... HCL was the only Indian company I gave a try because of some good feedback from their Indian operations, but eventually they failed to show their professionalism like an American company.

Fact is, by operating in America doesn't make it an American like company. Their fundamentals will not change

Thanks
YB
yatinbhatt
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 4:05 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby Snowy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:25 pm

you live in the USA... so... just sue their asses... or get sued by them for libel.
SapFans Moderator

Search: http://www.sapfans.com/forums/search.php
Notes: http://service.sap.com/notes
Help: http://help.sap.com
Rules: http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=344127
Snowy
 
Posts: 28788
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:33 pm
Location: 3.1415926535

Postby thx4allthefish » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:17 pm

yatinbhatt wrote:
thx4allthefish
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:11 pm Post subject:
you do have such problems once a year, don't you? you resigned on short term yet again? why?


@fish: no. it's not the case. I resigned with fulfillment of the contract terms. And also, left 30 days worth overtime work money as well.



exactly what i was hinting at: making the same mistakes over and over again and then posting your frustration on various SAP-related forums. the emphasis here is on 'SAP-related'. in case you have not noticed: this is neither a forum covering psychological matters nor legal nor emotional. if you are feeling repeatedly cheated this might not be caused solely by the hiring companies. maybe you are doing something wrong? and anyway: discrediting the companies you are frustrated with in public forums will not get you any support either from them or from us. like snowy said: sue them, you are living in the USA ...
curiousorange wrote:I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?
thx4allthefish
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:18 pm
Location: barolo barrel

Postby Craig » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:27 pm

@fish: no. it's not the case. I resigned with fulfillment of the contract terms. And also, left 30 days worth overtime work money as well.


Well.. there's your first problem... If you had billed them for the overtime you probably wouldn't be worried about some teeny little expenses! :-)

Why would you leave 30 days of overtime unbilled? That doesn't make the remotest amount of sense. I can see 1 or 2...hmmm... well not really... but 30?

If your really as good as you say you are, specify your terms up front and stick to them. Get it in writing when you sign your contract. If they don't live up to the terms you should consider leaving before the project is over and make sure the end client and project manager are aware of the problem.

If the end client is really satisfied with your work and wants to keep you or use you in the future, they will exert influence with the firm to get you paid. Cause you can be sure the firm is billing the client!!!!!!

Craig
Craig
 
Posts: 5505
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:07 pm
Location: Heading back to the Milky Way...

Postby justuser1 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:30 pm

Snowy wrote:you live in the USA... so... just sue their asses... or get sued by them for libel.


I think in US, this is the best option. Infact if you believe there is a systematic issue, go for class action or similar kind. US is very good place to get the companies behave.

....Also Bhatt, American companies are not good because Americans are good. They are good because American Systems and Laws are good.
I Love The English. Minus Grammer and Spelling i.e.
justuser1
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:54 pm

Postby yatinbhatt » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:40 pm

....Also Bhatt, American companies are not good because Americans are good. They are good because American Systems and Laws are good.


I agree in a sense that American Systems & Laws are good, but atleast ethics of work does matter to them.


Well.. there's your first problem... If you had billed them for the overtime you probably wouldn't be worried about some teeny little expenses!

Why would you leave 30 days of overtime unbilled? That doesn't make the remotest amount of sense. I can see 1 or 2...hmmm... well not really... but 30?


I, being a fulltime employee, would not get OT like contractors, but I could have certainly utilized 30 days worth paid vacation. And, of course, I used some of these against final notice period as well ... my point is, After all the professinoalism in work, smooth handover, good results these so called Indian Multinationals still behave nonsense.

And Yes, people say I am very good in what I do and that's why same customers hire again and again for diff projects... Check L/in reviews.

exactly what i was hinting at: making the same mistakes over and over again and then posting your frustration on various SAP-related forums. the emphasis here is on 'SAP-related'. in case you have not noticed: this is neither a forum covering psychological matters nor legal nor emotional. if you are feeling repeatedly cheated this might not be caused solely by the hiring companies. maybe you are doing something wrong?


@Fish: You are forgetting that I have posted this in a general discussions area and not in technical subforum. Since this is a most watched forums for SAP issues, many of our members will come across these companies so the reviews are good to know.

This is not the matter of being repeatedly cheated, this is matter of Indian companies in America show consistency in their BS practices ...

I repeat that I am not here to get your support to claim money ... I have sued their A$$es and they have reconsidered looking into the matter ...

The point is, everybody will not fight like me or you or Snowy .... so they can atleast know the company ....

Hope to clarify utilizing the SAPFans platform to make people aware.

Thanks
yatinbhatt
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 4:05 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby Craig » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:25 am

Ok.. I failed to see originally that you were an actual employee. I thought you were contracting to them.

Basically, if your working for a company and leave it, I'm not sure how much leverage, if any, even in court, that you have to recoup expenses and/or pay. All of that should have been taken care of prior to your exit.

You can try and sue but at this point my guess is that your going to be fighting a losing battle.

Craig
Craig
 
Posts: 5505
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:07 pm
Location: Heading back to the Milky Way...

Postby snmsee » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:12 am

snmsee
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:09 am

Postby atos » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:58 am

I believe YB is right about the Company like HCL.

One of my ex senior also had a bad experience with the same company.

Anyways updated the HCL wiki with this forum message.

Hope someone take notice of it..
atos
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 am

Postby m@t » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:43 pm

YB - thanks for your humourous story, it certainly gave me a huge belly laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't like what they've done, and you've a leg to stand on - sue them. Otherwise shut up.

m@t
TULY Image The quality of answers is roughly proportional to the quality of the question.

The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.
m@t
 
Posts: 4119
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:37 am
Location: Switzerland

Next

Return to General Talks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests





This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.