Technical knowledge corner article submissions

SAP Security

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, jurjen

Snowy

Technical knowledge corner article submissions

Post by Snowy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:59 am

Hi,

If you want to contribute to the Technical KC, please post your articles here and I will publish them at http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=30

Thanks to all
SapFans Moderator

Search: http://www.sapfans.com/forums/search.php
Notes: http://service.sap.com/notes
Help: http://help.sap.com
Rules: http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=344127

sunil_mouje

Knowledge Cornor

Post by sunil_mouje » Mon May 29, 2006 4:06 am

Hi,
Where can we see old articles in Knowledge Cornor-Technical?

sunil_mouje

How to setup SAP printing for printing to the desired trays

Post by sunil_mouje » Mon May 29, 2006 5:51 am

Can you please have a look at this and add it to our "Knowledge corner-Technical" if you feel it would be of use to BASIS guys?

Heading : How to setup SAP printing for printing to the desired trays of HP LJ printer

Text :
I have done this with HP LJ8100N printers and it is working satisfactorily. See if it helps you.
1. SPAD > Full Admin > Device Types > Change
2. Copy Device type "HPLJ5SI" to Z* device types as below :
ZHP5SIT1 HP Laserjet 5 Si - Tray 1
ZHP5SIT2 HP Laserjet 5 Si - Tray 2
ZHP5SIT3 HP Laserjet 5 Si - Tray 3
ZHP5SIT4 HP Laserjet 5 Si - Tray 4
ZHP5SIT5 HP Laserjet 5 Si - Tray 5

3. Double click on ZHP5SIT1 > click on "Formats" button > Double click "DINA4" > Double click "Printer initialisation" > add character sequence "\e&l4H" as a last line(without quotes). This character sequence is a PCL command to select tray1.

Change all formats of device type "ZHP5SIT1" like DINA3, DINA5, X_58_170 to have "\e&l4H" as a last line in "printer initialisation"

4. Similarly change all formats of device type ZHP5SIT2 to have "\e&l1H" as a last line in "printer initialisation" section. \e&l1H is to select tray-2

5. Similarly change all formats of device type ZHP5SIT3 to have "\e&l5H" as a last line in "printer initialisation" section. \e&l5H is to select tray-3

6. Now define a new "output device" for Tray 1 e.g "optr1" that uses device type ZHP5SIT1

7. define a new "output device" for Tray 2 e.g "optr2" that uses device type ZHP5SIT2

8. define a new "output device" for Tray 3 e.g "optr3" that uses device type ZHP5SIT3

9. Now you can print to tray1,2 and 3 selectively by using output devices "optr1", "optr2", "optr3" respectively.

Sunil

suril2031

Post by suril2031 » Mon May 29, 2006 6:26 am

I guess this should be a Sticky!
Regards

Suril

Be gentle..

SAP Netweaver '04 - Web AS for Oracle Certified

Member of the most magnificent tuly idiot order
http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=287427

giriraj

How to handle errors encountered by submit statement

Post by giriraj » Thu May 08, 2008 10:58 pm

Hi Sap Gurus,

I have written a Z program in which I called a standard report program with selection screen using SUBMIT <report program> using ....... and return in a loop and endloop.

As long as error was not encountered it executed ok.
When I ran my Z program in foreground which inturn calls a report program in a loop using SUBMIT keyword, for the first iteration of the loop itself an error was encountered and it is not going through another iterations and after hitting enter in the error screen, then only it is passing through other iterations and executing the report program(called program) from the calling program.

So, is there any way where I can handle/catch error which was encountered in the other program(called program) from the calling program and correct it. Also the SUBMIT statement wont return any sy-subrc to check whether the call is successful or not.

Your kind help will be appreciated.

Giriraj.

thx4allthefish

Re: How to handle errors encountered by submit statement

Post by thx4allthefish » Fri May 09, 2008 10:06 am

giriraj wrote:Hi Sap Gurus,

I have written a Z program in which I called a standard report program with selection screen using SUBMIT <report program> using ....... and return in a loop and endloop.

As long as error was not encountered it executed ok.
When I ran my Z program in foreground which inturn calls a report program in a loop using SUBMIT keyword, for the first iteration of the loop itself an error was encountered and it is not going through another iterations and after hitting enter in the error screen, then only it is passing through other iterations and executing the report program(called program) from the calling program.

So, is there any way where I can handle/catch error which was encountered in the other program(called program) from the calling program and correct it. Also the SUBMIT statement wont return any sy-subrc to check whether the call is successful or not.

Your kind help will be appreciated.

Giriraj.

look giriraj, you hijacked a very old post. there's no such thing as a KC any more (wihich is sad) but you should post your question again this time using the abap-forum. there's a bigger chance of getting a reply ...
curiousorange wrote:I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?

thx4allthefish

Re: Technical knowledge corner article submissions

Post by thx4allthefish » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:43 am

snowy, should you perhaps move this viewtopic.php?f=12&t=324759 to the technical KC?? i have no idea why i didn't see that KC ... but i didn't ...
curiousorange wrote:I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?