This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

BDC/Call Tx: number of lines depends on screen resolution?!

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

BDC/Call Tx: number of lines depends on screen resolution?!

Postby Miranda » Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:54 am

Hi,

I have a problem when calling transaction CN22 (change network) with a bdctable.
I have to modify an activity within a component.
The position of the activity in the screen depends on the screen resolution of the user. Some users have 11 lines on the screen, some have 17 and some even 22. Dependent on the number of activities I have to do page downs as well.

A bdc-session and rsbdcsub is not an option, because I need to know the result of the call transaction immediately and I do not want to re-read the network/components/activities tables.

I cannot be the first one to have this problem. Does anybody know a solution?
I have used the search function of this forum to look for similar previously posted problems, but I couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance, Miranda
Miranda

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:11 am

Hi Miranda,
Yes, this was discussed many times before but not recently.
1)Try using a BAPI if available.
2)Even if you use RSBDCSUB, the log can be read from with in the program. Rich I think has posted a program to do this long back.
3) Use the extension OPTIONS (I think its available from version 46X). Make use of OPTIONS-DEFSIZE(Set it to 'X'). This always returns the same screen size irrespective of screen resolution. Count the no of lines in 'A' mode and use it.
Sunny

Postby Miranda » Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:33 am

Hi Sunny,

I have used your 'options-defsize' solution and it works! :D
Thanks a lot, you've been a great help.

Regards, Miranda
Miranda

Postby Rich » Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:13 am

Hi Miranda.

Screen resolution is a major pain. When you have a transaction (any transaction), try and use the navigation functions. For example, PO transactions have a function 'POPO'. This locates the required line and makes it the first logical line in the table control.

CO02 has the 'SORT' command which enables you to sort the line you require to the first line of the table control.

VA01 - many lines can be inserted by inserted them at line one each time and so forth.

By using these functions you can program any BDC in a resolution independant way.

Regards

Rich
Rich

Postby Miranda » Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:47 am

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your reply.

As a mattor of fact, the CN22 transaction does have a 'navigation function' for the activities within the network (okcode =posi), but unfortunately it does not seem to have it for the components within the activity.

So, I already used the '=posi' to select the relevant activity, but in case of the components I had to know the number of lines in the screen for the correct scrolling and line selection...

And also thanks for the tips for the other transactions. (However in case of the VA01 I think I have used this trick a little bit different: I used to write the first new line on the first empty line and all subsequent lines on the second line, because the first line is occupied by the previously inserted line (if I remember correctly).

Regards, Miranda
Miranda

Return to ABAP