This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Legacy Data take on COI BCS

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Legacy Data take on COI BCS

Postby Hot Asien Teen » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:18 am

Hello,

We would like to have the investments in the system with the correct periods when the investment activity has taken place.

So, say we have an aquisition that happened in 2001, this is what we do:
1) Load the Investment activity (AFD) with period and correct amount
2) load equity (RFD) to corresponding period
3) Create statistical entries (tools)
4) Run BCF in every year until cutover year
5) Run COI for first time
6) Make manual corrections for goodwill

However, we cant seem to get step 5 to work, becayse BCF carries our equity balances forward to 010, and not our aquisition movememt types.

Any suggestions?
Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.
Hot Asien Teen

Re: Legacy Data take on COI BCS

Postby dans » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:56 am

You need to run COI in the period of AFD & RFD loads. You also need to have the master data for each cons group where the cons units period of first consolidation corresponds with the AFD & RFD loads.
dans

Postby Hot Asien Teen » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:47 am

After the decision not to run with accurate legacy data historical in SEM (due to the difficulty of getting RE correct every period prior to go-live), we decided the only thing that was important would be to retain the first consolidaiton and subsequent consolidaiton. With help of the SAP SEM hub in Germany, this is what we came up with:

1) Load all equity balances to Period 12, in the year prior to consolidaiton, All first consolidation items have the appropriate movement types, all subsequent consolidaiton equity items have a dummy movement type (997) not picked up in COI
2) Run COI first time in period 13 in the year prior to consolidaiton. Ensuring that AFD for Investments and investment accounts reconcile.
3) Reclass the movement type 997 to subsequent consolidaiton in period 14.
4) Run COI in period 14. All subsequent consolidation is correctly captured.
5) BCF into new year.

This allows you to retain the importance of FC and SC in legacy data.
Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking.

Hot Asien Teen

Postby dans » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:46 am

COI is periodic and thus first consolidation must occur in the period of the investment activity. According to your example you must execute COI in 2001.
dans

Postby Hot Asien Teen » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:32 am

Si, I know ese.

But they have agreed to use the legacy system for historics. So we are adjusting all investment AFD's and journals to the data conversion period. So, our 2001 journal will be in Period 13, in the year prior to go-live.

thanks, though.

Hot Asien Teen

Return to SEM