This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Set-up of BPAY (Australia)

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, darkduck, Baz

Set-up of BPAY (Australia)

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:28 pm

Hi,

Has anybody knowledge in how to set up BPAY in SAP?

BPAY is a payments clearing organisation owned by a group of retail banks. Individuals who hold accounts with a BPAY participating financial institution can pay billing organisations which participate in BPAY, using account transfers initiated by phone or internet. The transfers may be from savings, cheque or credit card accounts.

All advice appreciated!
Norm

Postby michaelb » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:50 pm

HI Norm,

We have done it and it was a relitavely simple process....

http://www.bpay.com.au gave us the technical specs of how the logo had to be printed on our invoices. they are quite strict on this!

you need to also add a check digit to each customer account when you print it on the invoice. the website provides examples of your options on how to generate the check digit. (we wrote a little bit of abap to generate the check digit)

when the bank passes us back a file of customer BPAY payments, we have a abap program (much like our journal upload program) that truncates the check digit off the customer number in the file, and uses posting key 15 to post to the customer.

quite easy really....
michaelb

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:37 pm

Thanks Michaelb,

Do you also clear automatically with this open items? If yes are your information matched in a way that post-processing is almost not required = matching occurs?

Norm

Postby michaelb » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:13 pm

Hi Norm,

Yes I have set it up that way. I run program SAPF124 in background each night to clear the customer balances.

Michael
michaelb

Re: Set-up of BPAY (Australia)

Postby michaelm » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:46 pm

Hi,

I know this is an old post, but we are considering implementing a BPAY solution for Accounts Payable.

From reading OSSnotes and asking SAP the question, they have no specific BPAY processing available, so it will all have to be custom programs, etc.

I am interested in how you went about implementing your solution. We would be wanting to send a BPAY payment file to our bank, so we would need to store the biller codes somewhere, and attach our Vendor Master records to this data. This is the part I would like some imput on.

I am thinking we would need a custom table to store the BPAY biller data, and also have the Vendor Number on this table.

Creation of the BPAY payment file from the payment program is not a problem, as we have a custom app to produce direct debit and credit files currently, so it would just be a modification of this process.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael.

PS. We have a current process to read a file of BPAY payments coming into our account from customers, so it's just the outbound interface I'm interested in.
michaelm

Postby ipfchen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi michaelm,

I am also interested in Vendor BPay process. How did you go with your proposed solution in your note?

Regards,
Irene
ipfchen

Postby darkduck » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:01 am

necroposting not allowed. closed now.@mail.ru
SAP FI FAQ: http://en.sap.darkduck.com

Just before submitting any question, have a look at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html please...
darkduck

Return to Financials