This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Production order confirmation - different work centers?

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Production order confirmation - different work centers?

Postby k`blaze » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:59 am

Scenario:
1. Create production order via CO01.
2. Release production order via CO05N
3. Confirm production order twice via CO11N.
4. Display production order confirmation via CO14.
- For the first confirmation, work center D is shown above the screen. Clicking on the Personnel/additional data tab, the current confirmation work center is D and the planned confirmation work center is D. All of these are correct.
- For the second confirmation, work center D is shown above the screen. Clicking on the Personnel/additional data tab, the current confirmation work center is C and the planned confirmation work center is D.
Issue/Problem: Why is the current confirmation work center for the second confirmation not D? It should be D instead of C.

I checked the routing of the production order created, and the routing used has only one operation which is 0010 and one work center D.

Also for the two confirmations done, both have the same operations 0010.
And no user intervention, nobody changed the work center. I don't know why it was automatically changed to C.

Anyone who could explain why? Thanks in advance.
k`blaze

Postby k`blaze » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:06 am

By the way, I am confused with the process of production order. Do you enter the work center manually upon creation of prod order in CO01? I think the routing is automatically determined upon creation of order. And from what I know, work center is automatically determined in CO11N when you enter the operation. Correct me if I am wrong. If i am wrong, then how can I edit the work center after the creation of order (before confirmation)? is it in CO02?
k`blaze

Postby ayethebing » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:19 am

Dear K'blaze,

You're right about automatically determination stuff. However, during CO11n, users can change the work center from wahthas been planned.

I think that's what happenend in the scenarios you mentioned.
ayethebing

Postby k`blaze » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:25 am

I try to confirm via CO11N but the work center is automatically determined once you enter the operation. The work center can't be edited since the field is in gray/disabled. How can I change the work center from what has been planned?

Where can I see the changes done by the users so I will check if the work center was changed during confirmation?
k`blaze

Postby ayethebing » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:27 am

You're right that CO11N cannot change work center (sorry for that). However, you can change with CO11 or CO12. Unfortunately, confirmation record does not contain the t-code your users are using. Maybe you want to check with them whether your user are using such t-code or not.

Hope it helps.
ayethebing

Postby k`blaze » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:55 pm

I am 100% sure that they did not use CO11 and CO12. Help please.
k`blaze

Postby ayethebing » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:30 am

Sorry k'blaze, if you insists and are so sure that users does not use these t-code. I'm in dead-end to answer your questions.

Maybe others can help.
ayethebing

Postby k`blaze » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:34 am

Anyone who could help?

This is killing me hehehe!!!! :lol:
k`blaze

Postby k`blaze » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:51 am

Do you think there may be a problem with the routing? If so, can you tell me what you think of the problem in routing that may cause the change of work center?

I believe that when you confirm the prod order, you will get the work center of the planned confirmation for your current confirmation.
k`blaze

Postby k`blaze » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:32 pm

Anyone who thinks that there may be a problem with the routing? Anyone who could help? Thanks in advance.
k`blaze

Postby goksun » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:32 pm

fyi:

you can change the workcenter during CO11N.

In the customizing for production order confirmation, you can define which subscreens are displayed on the CO11N confirmation screen. One of those subscreen definitions include the actual workcenter field. There you can enter the actual workcenter used during production, if it's different than what was chosen in production order.
goksun

Re: Production order confirmation - different work centers?

Postby OctopusD » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:26 am

I am having the same issue described by k`blaze and it is very frustrating, since I cannot replicate the error (appears to happen randomly, without any distinctive pattern).
I know this conversation has been dead for more than a decade now but does anyone have any explanation/solution, anything?
Thank you!
OctopusD

Re: Production order confirmation - different work centers?

Postby OctopusD » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:55 am

Hello everyone,

I know it's been more than a decade since this topic was last active but I was wondering if anyone of you might have some idea as to why something like this might happen? I'm experiencing the same issue as described by k`blaze. The problem is I have not managed to replicate the error; it appears to happen haphazardly.

Any thoughts?
Thank you!
OctopusD

Return to Logistics PP