This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Number of available lines

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Number of available lines

Postby DSONY » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:26 am

Hi all,

I am inputting text in Billing Documents, the avilable lines varry from PC to PC. I need to know a way in which i can exactly find the available text lines in the Billing document. Could anyone please help.

Thanks in Advance
Deepak
DSONY

Postby Rich » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:32 am

This is a common problem and is nearly insurmountable due to factors such as screen resolution, font size and window size.

Have a look at the navigation options in the transaction you are using and try to keep the item you are changing at logical line one of the screen table. For example, Puchase orders have the function 'POPO' which positions the specified line as the first line on the screen table.

If you are entering text into a text box, as a suggestion try entering the lines in reverse order so that you are always inserting lines at line one.

Rich
Rich

Postby psikka » Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:41 am

try use a system variable called syst-SROWS - it holds the current number of lines on screen and changes with the screen resolution etc.
more often than not it does solve the problem.
psikka

lines

Postby Kevabap » Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:08 pm

check out using bdc-okcode with p+ or p++. this is concerned with the paging and by callin it at the end of the line will page to next free page and next line will be 1st line on the next page.

i did this ages ago but it did work
Kevabap

Postby DSONY » Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:57 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for all the valuable suggestions, but none works. The SROWS will not hold any values as this is a BDC and we are filling values actually before going to the screen.

The page down does not work as in my screen it holds all the input lines.

On emore thing i am using this BDC inside a Function module which will get triggered by another action. So that means it will not run on any specific terminal, what do u suggest i just code it for my PC and run.

Regards
Thanks a lot in Advance.
DSONY

Postby Bipin » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:25 am

Hi,

What is the transaction you are using, VF01? If you want to create Header Texts or Item Texts, BDC may not work. Instead, use FM CREATE_TEXT after the document gets saved.

Bipin
Bipin

Return to ABAP