This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Default storage location in UD screen

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Default storage location in UD screen

Postby qmwala » Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:46 am

Hi Sapfans,
The default storage location in UD stock posting sub screen is the storage location in which GR is made. In our case, we are posting accepted qty in one storage location and rejected qty in another storage location ( Unrestricted and blocked respectively ). In case of accepted qty , the storage loaction is same as GR but in case of rejected qty, the storage location is differenet from GR.
Users make a mistake of posting the rejected qty in stoage location of GR as it's defaulted in storage loaction field against blocked stock.
Is there a way to make this another storage location as default only in case of posting to blocked stock ? Or to keep it totally blank and they have to enter it ....this will atleast make them think and post it correctly to rejection storage loaction.

Any help will be appriciated.

Regards,
QMwala
qmwala

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:03 am

Please tell me what is the need to put the rejected quanity in separate storage location. Is there any specific business requirement for it???

Postby qmwala » Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:09 am

Yes....
There is a need to repack the accepted material after UD and then transfer post to another storageb location. Obviously, they don't want mix up accepted and rejected material so they keep rejected material seperately from where it's either sent back or reworked....The physical location is also different...hence the need to post rejected material to another storage location....
Can somebody tell me the way to do this ????

Regards,
QMwala
qmwala

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:49 am

No. To the best of my knowledge you cannot change the default storage location, (or make it blank), using standard SAP configuration. You can set the storage location for the reserves in the plant configuration screen.

Why SAP doesn't allow similar functionality for the other VMENGE values is beyond me. The logic for it is already imbedded in the SAP code somewhere! I have had several clients myself where that would have been handy.

I suggest you look for some user exits and either 1) upon entry to the stock posting screen update the storage location value with a value from a custom table that contains, (VMENGExx,PLANT,STORAGE LOCATION). or 2) using the afore mentioned table, give the user a pop-up message asking them to check the storage location and that it should probably be XXXX.

Craig

Postby Craig » Thu Oct 31, 2002 9:14 am

Didn't realize I wasn't logged in on last post. Sorry..

Craig
Craig

Postby Saeid » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:17 am

Dear Craig,

You can define follow-up action (ABAP program) to do your own things after making UD.

For customizing goto OQV1 transaction.
Now you can define which action is to be taken with which UD. To do so, goto QS51 and choose your pre-defined action.(eg. after taking UD xxxx to blocked stock run the follow-up action to move the goods to another location. in case of UD yyyy to unrestr. , no follow-up action is filled in).

The ABAP program is the tcode mb1b and some default values.

Regards,
Saeid
Saeid

Postby Craig » Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:04 am

Yes.. a follow-up action could also work as well for that process. I missed that when I posted the reply.

BTW: I wasn' t the person looking of the help. :-)
It was qmwala.

Thanks!!

Craig
Craig

Return to Logistics QM