This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

How to change returns vendor

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

How to change returns vendor

Postby soerenh » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:56 am

Hi.

When you created a vendor in XK01 and mark it as returns vendor, you are prompted to link it to a customer number.
But if you by accident link it to the wrong customer number, how do you change it?

If I remove the return vendor check box the customer number is removed.
But when I mark the returns vendor check box again it automatically fetches the customer number from before, and I have no chance to change the customer number.

Regards,
Soeren
soerenh

Re: How to change returns vendor

Postby Frank Lai » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi

Try going over to SD side and use VD02 for that customer ID. Under the control tap is where the vendor number is kept. See if you can blank it out from there. After that go back to MK02 and you should be able to assign another customer ID.

Frank
Frank Lai

Postby soerenh » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:09 am

Frank Lai wrote:Hi

Try going over to SD side and use VD02 for that customer ID. Under the control tap is where the vendor number is kept. See if you can blank it out from there. After that go back to MK02 and you should be able to assign another customer ID.

Frank

Hi Frank.

I don't even see the vendor field in my customer master - I guess because of the screen setup.
However, I tried to removed the returns vendor from the vendor, and then go and delete the vendor number from the customer with an direct table edit in KNA1.
But still as soon as I mark the returns vendor check box in the vendor master, it fetches the wrong customer number from somewhere.

Regsards,
Soeren
soerenh

Postby Frank Lai » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:28 am

Hi

Yeah, sounds like screen control because I see the vendor field on my system. Reason why it does not work when you take out vendor in KNA1 using table edit is because the link is two sided.

Anyway, I apologize for giving you the more complicated path before. Simpler thing to do is actually this. Run MK02 and under the control tab, blank out the customer field. If you then go to the purchasing tab and blank out the returns vendors flag ans save. It will happily save the vendor master as well as removing the vendor id in KNA1. On the other hand, it you leave the returns vendor field checked, it will prompt you to enter a customer id for the vendor and update the customer id field on LFA1 as well as the vendor field from KNA1.

Frank
Frank Lai

Postby soerenh » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:23 am

Frank Lai wrote:Hi

Yeah, sounds like screen control because I see the vendor field on my system. Reason why it does not work when you take out vendor in KNA1 using table edit is because the link is two sided.

Anyway, I apologize for giving you the more complicated path before. Simpler thing to do is actually this. Run MK02 and under the control tab, blank out the customer field. If you then go to the purchasing tab and blank out the returns vendors flag ans save. It will happily save the vendor master as well as removing the vendor id in KNA1. On the other hand, it you leave the returns vendor field checked, it will prompt you to enter a customer id for the vendor and update the customer id field on LFA1 as well as the vendor field from KNA1.

Frank

Hi Frank.

Thank you very much.
That was just the answer I was looking for.
You are absolutely right.

Regards,
Søren
soerenh

Postby adibitar69 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:05 am

i thought you got exact answer for your question.. PGR is Post good reciept like PGI you are issuing the good just opposite in PGR you are taking the goods in your stock.
adibitar69

Return to Logistics MM