This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Dynamically set MM02 fields to R/O [Resolved]

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Dynamically set MM02 fields to R/O [Resolved]

Postby DrSidewalk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:02 am

We feed some materials into SAP via a PIM (Product information management) system. So materials are passed form the PIM through BODS to SAP and either updated or created. The specific materials that are maintained through the PIM need to be protected from having their content overwritten when in transaction MM02, as any material changes should be made in the PIM itself and forwarded to SAP.

As a result of this I need to set a range of fields (about 20) in a number of tabs in MM02 to Read/Only status so that they can't be changed, but this is only for materials maintained in the PIM. So I need to find an enhancement/Exit that allows me to make said changes.

How can I set these fields to Read/Only dynamically based on whether the material is maintained in the PIM rather than SAP. I should point out that the changes to fields are NOT based on which plant, material type or any other field is set to, so I don't think I can use Field Selection Groups that might normally be use for such actions.

Has anyone done something like this before?

Dr Sidewalk
DrSidewalk

Re: Dynamically set MM02 fields to R/O [Resolved]

Postby DrSidewalk » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:45 am

May be resolved now.

Created and enhancement inplementaion against BADI_MAT_F_SPEC_SEL. Method IF_EX_BADI_MAT_F_SPEC_SEL~FIELD_SELECTION can be used to change selected fields to R/O.

Just testing now to see if this works across tabs as well, but it should do.

Dr Sidewalk
DrSidewalk

Return to ABAP