This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

wrbtr (doc currency) different to dmbtr (comp currency)

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, darkduck, Baz

wrbtr (doc currency) different to dmbtr (comp currency)

Postby jonsmile » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:09 am

Hi

I have a query - I know it is to do with clearing cross currencies but cannot workout why SAP is doing what it is and how to sort out the reporting.

I have many examples of documents posted in (say) USD (comp code currency)- a clearing document from AP - clearing old USD and EUR items.

The vendor GL BSEG items on the clearing journal for wrbtr and dmbtr are both showing as USD but the amounts are different.

The clearing items are USD and EUR(for example).
When these amounts move to SPL the transaciton currency is shown in EUR - and relate (somehow) to the cleared EUR item.

e.g.
190k USD trans curr 195k USD comp curr in BSEG - Note the 5K difference in the 2 USD amounts on a single line..
20k EUR trans curr 195k USD comp curr 190k Original comp curr USD in SPL document on the same line item.

My main question is "How does SAP hold two differnet USD amounts on one line item?" I would be happy for a EUR and USD amount in BSEG or USD and USD - if the 2 USD amounts were equal.

Having the 2 USD BSEG currency amounts different is causing a headache in transaction currency reconciliation!
jonsmile

Re: wrbtr (doc currency) different to dmbtr (comp currency)

Postby darkduck » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:22 am

When creating a clearing document, all amounts in document and local currencies should balance to zero. If any doc.currency of the cleared document is not the same as doc.currency of clearing document, the amounts are recalculated using the FX rate for the clearing date, either from OB08 or from document header depending on the clearing transaction you use.
If there are any differences, then an FX differences appears in a separate line (or several) to balance the GL document.

However, when moving values from GL to SPL, different rules may apply, and you need to look into how the values' transfer into SPL is configured.
SAP FI FAQ: http://en.sap.darkduck.com

Just before submitting any question, have a look at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html please...
darkduck

Return to Financials