This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Verify Users in BW against ECC

SAP Security

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, jurjen

Verify Users in BW against ECC

Postby chutney374 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:38 am

Is it possible to have BW synchronise with an ECC user so we could manage passwords from the ECC GUI? This problem arises as BW/BO users do not have access to the BW GUI (even from the portal).

I Think what we need is any attempt to logon to BW authenticates against ECC.

Is there a way of doing this? I don't believe there is because of the separation of the USR* tables. I might be wrong. Anyone have any idea's short of amending SAP standard Code?

Regards

Paul M
chutney374

Re: Verify Users in BW against ECC

Postby thx4allthefish » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:33 pm

Not sure, I understand you problem correctly.

One (absolute) way to synchronize all users /authorizations would be to set up a CUA which includes your BW/BI systems. Ideally, the CUA master would be a SolMan.

Granted, SAP would advice you to set up an Identity Management server. Does the same job, much prettier and a whole lot more expensive.

Maybe look up documentation on both, yes? Otherwise, if I misinterpreted your post, let me know.
curiousorange wrote:I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?
thx4allthefish

Postby os » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:22 pm

Dont tell the auditors, but the J2EE supports "in memory" runtime users via SAMl.

So if you have a BI portal, you can authenticate and authorize the users at individual message level.

There are also various "poor man's" solutions via logon tickets which require some infrastructure. "Clever woman's" solution is near to for free if you invest in a skilled admin.

Ps: I recommend CUA on a stand alone system and not SOLMAN because of the release and double stack dependencies. Rather install a CUA only "nacked" basis system than bolt it onto your SOLMAN and risk loosing it in a SOLMAN upgrade or hogging of RFC connections linked to logsys.
os

Postby jurjen » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:25 pm

I'd configure the CUA in an empty client on a productive system, or Solman. Solman isn't too bad because that already needs trusted connections to all other systems. Performance is a good thing to think about.
jurjen

Return to SAP Security