This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Homogeneous System Copy

Basis (Basis Technology Modules: Basis Component/System Administration, GUIs)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Homogeneous System Copy

Postby dontlookdown » Tue May 26, 2015 7:50 am

I am trying to perform a system copy of an ECC6 EHP6 system running on Windows and SQL 2012.
We have built the DB on a separate server to the CI using the backup\restore method.
Installed the SQL client on the server that is going to run the CI and connected to the DB through SQL Management Studio.
I start sapinst and selected the following --> Enhancement Package 6 for SAP ERP 6.0 --> Software Life-Cycle Options --> system Copy --> MS SQL Server --> Target System Installation -->
From hear we have 4 options, I have ran the first option 'Global Host Properties' successfully.
As we are running just the one instance, I believe we can skip the 2nd stage 'ASCS Instance' (please correct me if I am incorrect)
So I then run the 'Database Instance', selected Custom Install and entered profile directory, master password etc.
But when i get to the Database connection screen it is asking for the local server instance.
Now as I am installing a distributed installation I would have expected to be able to enter the DB hostname where the DB is installed.
How do I enter the location of the DB?
I assume I have either selected a previous step incorrectly or have just mis understood something.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated,
Thanks,
DLD,
dontlookdown

Re: Homogeneous System Copy

Postby dontlookdown » Tue May 26, 2015 10:24 am

Do I have to run this part of the installation on the SQL instance not the CI instance?
dontlookdown

Postby dontlookdown » Tue May 26, 2015 11:25 am

I have confirmed that I do have to still install ASCS, and secondly I do have to run the DB instance on the SQL server and not on the CI.
dontlookdown

Postby Zavaros » Wed May 27, 2015 2:45 am

Hello,

you answered correctly all your questions. Credits are your :)

Regards,
Zav
Zavaros

Return to Basis