This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

UK Agency Advise : Progressive

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Re: UK Agency Advise : Progressive

Postby Milleruk » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:13 am

I think this is shared experience that non SAP IT project managers are many times better than Project Managers with SAP. There are however SAP Consultants who had couple of years of SAP experience and then moved into management...all the while debasing the Consulting and knowledge side of SAP. This has happened in quite a few large consultancies with the result that in most large projects the people who decide are treating themselves as higher up in hierarchy and therefore fail to appreciate advise.

I have been in one London FMCG which routinely pays top bucks to absolutely clueless Consultants - chums of the IT heads; who do absolute BS, I had trouble tolerating, even though politically they are so well placed, its suicidal to challenge any one.

Anyway we have digressed too much !!! :D
Milleruk

Postby Martin_US » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:04 pm

I did my PM certification some 20 years ago. Maybe because of that my acceptance of BS is towards nil. My favorite subject is change management. Most have no idea what that truly means.
Martin_US

Postby Milleruk » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:39 am

Resolve this for me then, had 2 warnings from Management for telling them, what they wanted to achieve was logically contradictory and hence cant be configured (not just SAP but any system, since the numerous process design had flaws of looping. Process A had to precede, B which has to precede C and then at some link C has to precede A)...this was simply not possible. Finally by mutual agreement we terminated the contract. The requirements were finally dropped at testing phase as my colleagues from the project informed me.

The result is that for past 8 years, there is a ban on my entering the whole organisation anywhere. Take that !

I do not know if I should have stayed back and be part of comedy / tragedy. Its a big spender / waster and is close to where I live.

PS: One day when I retire and have no risk, I will name names in a long long blog. Each one the B(a)sterds :evil: :x :P :D :D
Milleruk

Postby Martin_US » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:03 am

You resolved it - at least for yourself.
There are times when you have to go to stay sane.

Just look at all those solutions that work initially, but are not maintainable in day to day business.
People come up with new order types and pricing procedures to drive something all the time, and yet they can't figure out how to create one pricing procedure to cover multiple countries and shit their pants because of the taxes. So, let's make a new one. The consultants don't have to maintain this, they are gone.
I had an IT manager telling me, if I don't like a requirement, just make it really expensive.
Doh
Martin_US

Previous

Return to General Talks