This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Help Learning About SAP Professionals

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Help Learning About SAP Professionals

Postby emissarymike » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:31 am

Hi everyone, I know I'm something of an interloper, but I'm looking to learn SAP Professionals for an early stage company that is trying to provide SAP professionals with access to high quality, vetted industry experts. And I need to learn more about the day-to-day of people who work with SAP all the time.

Just to reassure you, I've got nothing to sell; we just want to make sure that what we are building is something that actually helps SAP professionals.

As a token of gratitude, we're offering a $25 gift card to your choice of Amazon, Starbucks, or Best Buy for a half-hour chat. Since we're located in NYC, in person here in the city would be best, but we're willing to speak to people worldwide.

If you're interested, please fill out this form: http://emis.sr/SAPResearch

And thanks for your help!

-Mike-
emissarymike

Re: Help Learning About SAP Professionals

Postby Martin_US » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:33 am

You might want to post your IT background.

There are enough people that have no clue in this field. You may also want to elaborate on what exactly a SAP professional is to you.

I started out as a Systems and Application Developer and came at a later time (3.0 SAP version) to SAP on the functional side. I refuse to program ABAP, although I am pretty sure I could do a lot (of damage) with a few weeks crash course. But ABAP knowledge aside, I found that a lot of programmers lack fundamental logic skills.

Project Managers lack frequently SAP skills more over balls in their pants when it comes to client facing. Oh shit - not true, they just do "whatever it takes" to squeeze more money out of the client, no matter the shit.

So, provide more information of what it is you look for and you can get tailored answers. I doubt we need another start-up that has a bunch of freshers knowing jack. Those are plenty in any area.

Which of course leads me to your top level Domain being Sri Lanka and your name "Mike".

Now anyone can come to their own conclusion here, but I guess mine is already obvious.
Martin_US

Return to General Talks