This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Agency Trick

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Agency Trick

Postby Milleruk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:30 am

Hello Guys

Odd thing is happening in market, I sent my CV to agency, which confirmed they have forwarded it to the client. Atleast in once instance they did not seem to have done so. I came to know about it from hiring manager of the client. (Unfortunately after they hired the contractor). I may sue the agency, but realize the agent was very clever in the words he used in his email and insists that by hiring manager he meant, the internal hiring manager of the agency.

Has this happened to any of you earlier? How do you ensure the CV is actually sent or do we rely solely on the word of the agency. Currently I have applied for 2 opportunities, both of which are advertised by couple of agencies. I wonder if I should apply to both agency, is there a way out of this.

Thanks

SM.
Milleruk

Re: Agency Trick

Postby Martin_US » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:40 pm

Happens frequently.

In the US I always go to www.myvisajobs.com and check out how many H1B or GC people are there.

I recently asked a company to take me off the mail list, because they do not hire citizens.
Martin_US

Postby Squarebear » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:18 am

I suspect this has happened to me though I have learned to fight the paranoia. I just let it go and move on.
Possibly the most modest person in the world.
Squarebear

Postby Martin_US » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:13 am

Well,

if I find a job advertised by more than one agency, then I wonder why, especially, if it is the exact same text and the exact same web site. I use Indeed mostly and if I find a job 5 times, I don't even apply.

Another example that makes me wonder is a company (end client) that is advertising for the same position every six month over the last 5 years (if not more).

This business has gone to junk status.
Martin_US

Postby DrSidewalk » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:58 am

Yes, many a time I have had another agent try and put me forward for a role that I had been told (by another agent) that I had been put forward to.
The problem is that the agent hangs onto your CV until the very last moment, so other agents may check and come back to say that customer does not have your CV. That has happened a couple of times, and then the agents end up arguing over who should represent. At which point I bail out, as the I know the customer will not be interested in me if the agents are disputing this....

In short, if any agent says they are putting your forward, find out when, set a deadline, and make an agreement that if they do not submit by that date then another agent may represent you. The agent will not like this, but tough.

Dr Sidewalk.
DrSidewalk

Postby Milleruk » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:24 pm

In my case, the agency actually claimed, it submitted the CV without doing so. Now I think the agency probably thought I was a strong candidate but for some reason did not want to forward my CV. But it also did not want other agency to submit the CV. I think agencies have limits as to what number of CVs they can submit and when. So if you are not in that shortlist they CANT submit your CV.
Milleruk

Postby Milleruk » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:39 am

Ohh happened again, this time with one of the best known 'reputed' agency....I now assume it has become common. I am going to put a name and shame blog on these agencies. Whats SAPFANS policy on this? Can we name rough agencies?
Milleruk

Postby Baz » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:21 am

Milleruk wrote: Whats SAPFANS policy on this? Can we name rough agencies?

This site is for helping others, so i say go ahead! name and shame! If you can save someone else from some pain, then it is all worthwhile.
Baz

AsPiRiNg tUlY iDiOt Image

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

check out my Podcasts http://dj-baz.podomatic.com
Baz

Postby Martin_US » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:15 am

I give it a shot

Oklaey: I am not sure what that company does, but they advertise for SAP SD position about twice a year for about the past 5. I mean I know what their business is, just not why they have such a fluctuation rate

Apple: Seems they relied on a bunch of idiots on their payment card solution. Those positions have been out for years and it still isn't fixed.

RJT Compuquest: Doesn't hire Americans, unless Indian heritage see http://www.myvisajobs.com

Sparta Consulting: Doesn't hire Americans, unless Indian heritage see http://www.myvisajobs.com

Microsoft: Doesn't hire Americans, unless Indian heritage see http://www.myvisajobs.com

Just a few examples, the list is long. Next of course are just stupid recruiters that know jack about the business.
Martin_US

Postby Martin_US » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:33 pm

SAP SD - IS Oil - OGSD

IT & Programming > Software Application
Posted: Sun, Oct 05, 2014
Time Left: 11d, 19h
Start: Immediately
Hourly Rate: $10 - $15 / hr
Hrs/wk: Not Sure | Duration: 4-6 months
Work View™ Payment Protection
U.S. freelancers must have W9

Less Detail

Looking for SAP SD proficient in Sales processes with great OGSD experience along with EDI IC-invoicing to solve production tickets.

Desired Skills
SAP SD
Martin_US

Postby Milleruk » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:38 am

Quite right Martin

The number of SAP projects that fail is staggering, yet in practice business clients remains same irritant bunch :twisted:

The company that ditched me was

Experis. Never ever imagined this company would do it. This used to be great company.
Milleruk

Postby Martin_US » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:01 am

Well,

I was on a gig in Germany a while ago and they wanted to port their Software to another country.
As usual, we first set a time line that is set in stone.
Of course no shit ass IT manager bothered to do a system status assessment,
Turns out that in almost any custom program text elements were hardcoded.
Just translating the crap would have taken about a year,
Next, daily system dumps for various reasons, no person was assigned to manage those.
No clue about how to setup the infrastructure to support the live environment and the new developments concurrently to be hosted on one production server.

The list was long, the idiots were the same. Of course everyone who could left, leaving only those behind that couldn't go and naturally the project never took off.

This business is complicated and you can't expect that people know everything, but you can damn well expect that they get their heads out of the dumpster.
Martin_US

Postby Frank Lai » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:15 am

$10 - 15/hr for SD IS Oil. Really? Have things gone downhill that much since I last worked in the US? COBOL MVS programmers get pay more than that.

Frank
Frank Lai

Return to General Talks