This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Cordova

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Cordova

Postby DrSidewalk » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:31 am

Wow, it was interesting to read about Cordova. At first I thought it was actually an SAP product but then realised it was actually Phone Gap renamed. Adobe used to own Phone Gap which is a cross platform code generator whereby you could create a product and it would then produce the code on the various movile platforms. Well, not just mobile platforms as it supports Windows and OSX a well.

Anyway, Adobe have donoted the Phone Gap product (renaming it Cordova) to the Open source foundation, which was nice of them. See link below for details of this... http://phonegap.com/2012/03/19/phonegap-cordova-and-what%E2%80%99s-in-a-name/

Anyway, read further on Cordova for SAP....

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform/blog/2014/07/27/what-is-cordova-and-how-does-it-work?source=email-g-sap-technology-news-newsletter-20140902&lf1=380980506c998724864770a28159536

It looks like a nice solution that can be used for SAP solutuions.

Dr Sidewalk
DrSidewalk

Re: Cordova

Postby Martin_US » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:17 am

I'll take a look, thanks.

Doing some browsing the other day, I came across Pelles C compiler.
Also a neat thing that is free of charge and provides skeleton code for various applications.
Windows and mobile.

Only reason why I was looking for something Free is because sometimes it is often easier to write some code on the Laptop to prepare data for loads into SAP. Sort of pre-processing and Free because then I don't get licensing issues with a client. i.e. long discussions about spending money and depending on ABAP resources.
Martin_US

Return to General Talks