This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Recursive Order BoM

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Recursive Order BoM

Postby BobbyL » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:54 pm

Hello,

I have an order BoM for Material A that has 2 components (B and C) neither of which has its own assembly. I try to add component D to the order BoM. Component D is an assembly with components E and F. I get errror that BoM is recursive, but all of the material numbers are unique. Any idea what could be causing the error?

Thanks and Best Regards,
BobbyL
BobbyL

Re: Recursive Order BoM

Postby kirkupm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:12 am

You need to review all of your BOM components again because somewhere in the BOM structure you have 100% definitely got a recursive component. I have worked with SAP since 1997 and I have NEVER seen this message when there is no recursion in the BOM structure.
kirkupm

Postby JohnnyB » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:53 am

I agree with kirkupm. In addition, please check for follow-up materials, which can also result in an recursiveness. You could also have a look at SAP note 42891.
JohnnyB

Postby anunag » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:46 am

Hello,

I have faced this issue in my project where no component was repeating, but the BOM was recursive. There cannot be any other reason for this other than having the recursive component. Or the recursive component was present in the past and have been removed. You can check the change document. (if the component is manually removed, change document will not show any info). Having recursive BOM will not stop any business transaction, so you can ignore and continue with this.
anunag

Postby Sharpshooter » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:23 pm

It can also be caused by incorrect low level code values which can happen due to bugs or mods.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Return to Logistics PP