This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Workflow not triggered for existing PO release strategy

Business WorkFlow

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Workflow not triggered for existing PO release strategy

Postby k4renm4c » Sat May 18, 2013 7:10 am

Hi GUys

We have a workflow skill set shortage at present and I would like to ask some guidance please?

I just added some new release strategies to an existing MM PO release strategy. Existing release code but new strategies, new release groups, new workflow agents. Ive done this before without issue but for some reason the new ones are not triggering workflow. The release strategy is getting triggered so my functional understanding is that that should trigger a event to kick off workflow? Ive maintained agents in OOOE (well actually me for now in test) but my functional assumption is that regardless if there were no agent assignments, it would start workflow but then I would see in the container that it did not find an agent. When Im in the PO if I go to the GOS object no workflows are found for these, but the release strategy is waiting for release.

We are using std workflow BUS2012 and MM config is not using the user exit option, it is using T16FW for workflow of which everything exists. I would be grateful if someone could guide me if there was a test txn I could use against the PO to net out why it is failing? This is an existing strategy, Im unsure why these new entries and only these new entries are not working. I have added in the past successfully! I tested an old existing strategy and workflow is active and working. Any help appreciated. Ill be googling later....

Karen
k4renm4c

Re: Workflow not triggered for existing PO release strategy

Postby Gothmog » Tue May 21, 2013 8:30 am

You could check a few things:
- do you see any workflow in SWI1?
- activate the event trace (SWELS) and check the events created when you create the PO (SWEL)
- is there a condition on the triggering event in the workflow builder (SWDD)?
- if there is one, is this condition active (SWB_COND)?
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Return to Business WorkFlow