This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Integration via RDI

Development SAPscript/ Smartforms

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Integration via RDI

Postby takemyjazz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:45 am

Hi,

This is my first post here. I've never worked with SAP before but I've tried to make some research before posting here.

I'm starting a development project where I need to read billing information from SAP. The problem is that the client I'm working for requires that this integration be done via SAPscript RDI.

I've read a few things about RDI but the info I found is not very clear. I've found the syntax but still don't understand very well how it works.

Do I have to develop a printer driver or something in order to receive data from SAP (via RDI)? Can you recommend some articles I could read to learn about RDI?

Thanks in advance,
Tiago
takemyjazz

Re: Integration via RDI

Postby YuriT » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:04 am

It is kind if switch that, when chosen, makes SAPScript print technical form content instead of its visual representation. Closest parallel I can think of is Web page (Form) and its HTML code (RDI).

SAPScript starts with OPEN_FORM function and ends with CLOSE_FORM function. Everything that happens in between goes to spool that may or may not be printed.

During OPEN_FORM you can pass parameter RAW_DATA_INTERFACE = 'X', this will force SAP Script to write RDI data to spool rather then actual form. Spool can then be viewed in SP01 transaction or read by RSPO_RETURN_ABAP_SPOOLJOB FM. This RDI spool will have header and data. Header is of structure STXRDIH, data of structure ITCPO.

More info can be found here
YuriT

Return to SAPscript/Smartforms