Issues with the new SDN?

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

rangachary

Re: Issues with the new SDN?

Post by rangachary » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:53 am

After a lot of toing and froing on email with somebody from SCN, they finally admitted to me they cannot do anything at present to change my name from "Myname3" to something that I would prefer. Their advice is to wait and see "if" a solution will be rolled out for it. He believes it would but cautions me that this is his own assessment, and should not be taken as any sort of committment from SCN.

So much for that.

In the meantime, I still havent been able to read more than one discussion a day, by the time I click through about 5 times to go into the discussion list I want, it has taken me about an hour and that is all I want to spend in SCN on any given day.

I also for no reason got an email from SCN awarding me Active Contributor status. This was not expected as I have been one for well over a year - I just gain enough points every month to keep me at 250 points, and I have had this many for several months now.

rangachary

Post by rangachary » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:32 am

I finally made it through to the HCM forums - the new scn has certainly not slowed down all the "Please answer my very basic question, or better still do my work for me" people at all. Maybe they know something I don't about getting around this place.

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:54 pm

rangachary wrote: I also for no reason got an email from SCN awarding me Active Contributor status. This was not expected as I have been one for well over a year - I just gain enough points every month to keep me at 250 points, and I have had this many for several months now.
you got 2 points in the last week or so, this changed your status.

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:07 pm

rangachary wrote:After a lot of toing and froing on email with somebody from SCN, they finally admitted to me they cannot do anything at present to change my name from "Myname3" to something that I would prefer.
Hmm.. I couldn't find myname3 on SCN. Didn't find myname1 or myname2 either. :P

Craig

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:16 am

I tried to look at a forum on the SDN/SCN site today from a client site. It came up telling me IE6 was not supported, and I should doownload a modern browser

After a doubletake, I checked the version - and I was running IE8, but somehow, SCN thinks it is IE6.

SAP never were much on web design, but usually they can make a site work!. This is disappointing,

Jim

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:46 am

Hi,

maybe IE8 works in compatibility mode?

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:24 pm

For wahtever reason, it seems to be working now. Maybe SDN changed some setting.

I don't like the new site very much - too much pretty, too little functional. Search is a PITA, especially looking through results for relevant information.

Jim

DrSidewalk

Post by DrSidewalk » Thu May 03, 2012 9:46 am

Loads of issues with the new SDN.

In short, it's crap (in my opinion) and very difficult to use. So have stopped using it.

Dr Sidewalk

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Thu May 03, 2012 10:53 am

DrSidewalk wrote:Loads of issues with the new SDN.

In short, it's crap (in my opinion) and very difficult to use. So have stopped using it.

Dr Sidewalk

Me to. Anyway the google machine often sends me there. I usually start my day with a gogle search on SAP CRM IMG RATES
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

Count

Post by Count » Fri May 25, 2012 12:21 am

beer and friday..
golive on moday..
weekend is a goner!!
guinness here I come :mrgreen:
-------------------------------------------

Count
cognosce te ipsum, corripe cervisiam ;)

Dictator-for-life-of-the-Tuly-Idiot-Order
viewtopic.php?t=287109
-------------------------------------------

swright

Post by swright » Fri May 25, 2012 1:56 am

Count wrote:beer and friday..
golive on moday..
weekend is a goner!!
guinness here I come :mrgreen:
If this was facebook I'd "like" this post :wink:
Sandi
~~~~

Tuly kiwi. Image

Putting the Chur in Christchurch, bro!

VLozano

Post by VLozano » Fri May 25, 2012 3:46 am

falsebook... I tried it again few days ago and crushed my record... in less than ten minutes I closed the account. Why the hell unthink fell?

How the hell can you divide your personal profile from your professional one? Do you have two (or more) accounts? Unthink allowed me to have four "profiles": family, friends, work and hobbies (the advertising side of the place)... I want not to create three farcebook profiles :(
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem

Rich

Post by Rich » Fri May 25, 2012 5:34 am

VLozano wrote:falsebook... I tried it again few days ago and crushed my record... in less than ten minutes I closed the account. Why the hell unthink fell?

How the hell can you divide your personal profile from your professional one? Do you have two (or more) accounts? Unthink allowed me to have four "profiles": family, friends, work and hobbies (the advertising side of the place)... I want not to create three farcebook profiles :(
AND!!!

When you disable your account and some one tags you it enables the damn thing again. I was only truly happy when farcebook provided teh functionality to actually delete your account.

(on second thoughts I'm going to see if it actuially has been deleted)
Regards

Rich

Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Tue May 29, 2012 9:45 am

swright wrote:If this was facebook I'd "like" this post :wink:

If this was facebook there would be someone to read this post
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

VLozano

Post by VLozano » Tue May 29, 2012 10:10 am

But no one would care, nor understand the whole thread, as it'd be populated with (non-tuly) idiotic and useless comments... o! SAPFans' GD IS facebook...
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem