This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Hungary - exchange rate for outgoing payments & cash journal

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, darkduck, Baz

Hungary - exchange rate for outgoing payments & cash journal

Postby florenceart » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:15 am

Hi All,

I am working on a roll-out to Hungary. The users tell me that for outgoing payments in foreign currencies, the exchange rate applied must be calculated based on past incoming payments. This is confirmed by the SAP documentation (country version for Hungary), however, the SAP solution makes no sense to me, I must be missing something.

There is a program RFCASH_HU_AVP for calculating the average exchange rate on the previous day's incoming payments. However, from what I can see, it seems that this program only works for incoming payments that have been posted through a cash journal. I have never used the cash journal functionality, but was under the impression that it is meant to post petty cash transactions.

Is there someone with a Hungarian experience who can confirm that this is indeed the standard SAP solution? If so, does it mean that I need to set up a cash journal, or cash journals, for bank transfers received from customers? Or do I need to post all bank transactions through this cash journal? How does that fit in with the bank statement functionalities? Can I even clear a customer account using a cash journal transaction?

As you can see, I'm rather confused. Thanks in advance for any help!
Florence
florenceart

Re: Hungary - exchange rate for outgoing payments & cash journal

Postby top25 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:01 am

Hi,
please refer to SAP note :
Note 1237684 - FBCJ - Weighted average calculation for outgoing payments
BR
top25

Postby florenceart » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:37 am

top25 wrote:Hi,
please refer to SAP note :
Note 1237684 - FBCJ - Weighted average calculation for outgoing payments
BR

Hi! Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this note confirms my understanding, which is that the only functionality SAP seems to offer is linked to the use of the cash journal. I really can't see the use of this. How many petty cash payments in foreign currencies are you likely to receive? It still doesn't make sense to me.

Have you implemented or used this functionality? How do you make this calculation when your incoming payments are bank transfers and not petty cash?
florenceart

Postby top25 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:16 am

Hi,
your question is interesting. I have some suggestion which are :
define new exchange key or copy 1003 or 1002
define document type for outgoing payment and define exchange rate key in it
goto link : http://www.oanda.com/currency/average
export result table and import in SAP for your new average historical exchange rate
Once again this is just suggestion maybe someone has better idea.
BR
top25

Postby florenceart » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:36 am

top25 wrote:Hi,
your question is interesting. I have some suggestion which are :
define new exchange key or copy 1003 or 1002
define document type for outgoing payment and define exchange rate key in it
goto link : http://www.oanda.com/currency/average
export result table and import in SAP for your new average historical exchange rate
Once again this is just suggestion maybe someone has better idea.
BR

I cannot use an externally calculated exchange rate. My understanding is that the calculation must be made internally, based on past incoming payments in the company. But I will see the users next week and get more detailed information on this.
florenceart

Postby COLOSSUS » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:35 pm

I know this comes a little late, but for anyone getting to this post years after the fact, you may be interested to know, that there is new functionality out there to connect market data into SAP. Considering the changes with SAP S/4 HANA, specifically the cloud edition, but also for SAP ECC or any of the other SAP Solution (e.g. SuccessFactors, Concur, BusinessByDesign, BusinessOne, Hybris, C4C, etc.) They all need market data at some pint and/or in some form. You want to make sure that the data you are feeding into each of these systems is consistently the same across your entire system landscape.
You can check what SAP is doing: https://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/h ... ontent.htm
This requires a bit of a technical setup and custom coding, pretty much for each provider you want to connect. Very ogten you only need one provider and maybe a few Central Banks. This a basic solution for your ECC instances, and you will have to find a solution for each other application you are running.

Or check out another alternative, that actually makes use of of the SAP Cloud Platform, to provide a Market Data Hub, which basically is a platform to manage market data from a single hub and for your entire landscape of solutions. This is an SAP certified solution from SAP AppCenter: https://www.sapappcenter.com/p/20485/br ... risken-llc
This solution gives you out of the box connectivity with most providers and integration into a whole range of SAP and non-SAP solutions, on premise or in the cloud, and provides a range FIORI based data management functionalities such as data validation, consistency check, transformation, mapping, scheduling, KPI and reporting. It even includes a small news feed FIORI app.
COLOSSUS

Return to Financials