This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

QM & subcontracting. (Solved)

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

QM & subcontracting. (Solved)

Postby Trygve » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:50 am

Hi !

We've got two consecutive subcontracting processes. The stock moves from the first subcontracter to the second, without my customer seeing it, thus the GR for the first subcontracting is done with 'Materials provided to vendor'. FRom an MM point of view that just as they want it.

The challenge is that we're doing QM as well.
Before the first subcontracter can ship the material a sample is sent to our lab for approval, thus we want an insp.lot. That can be done either by insp.type 01 and activating 101 O for QM or by setting up our own movement type and get a 05-lot.
The 101 O isn't stock relevant so we'll have to transfer manually QI->Unrestr. The 05 does the posting.
Then the GR for the whole lot is to be done, but since QM is activated it goes to QI. Also since it's mat.provided to vendor (101 O) no SLoc is entered, and thus even though the batch has been approved the stock goes to QI.

My customer suggested changing from Lot per Mat, Batch & SLoc to Mat & Batch, which isn't available. The follow-up suggestion was that I made it and I'm pretty sure it's nothing I would try to start messing with, even if it was possible. Am I right assuming that this is a 'No go' ??

Also I'd like suggestions on how to handle this. Both I and my MM expert is running out of ides.
Recieving to own stock and then transferring to the next subcontractor doesn't seem like a good alternative, since then the 1st subcontractor doesn't get instructions on where to ship.
Last edited by Trygve on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Re: QM & subcontracting.

Postby Craig » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:51 am

No clue if this work in a subcontracitng process but have you looked at trying to set it up as a source inspection? Those 01 lots are created at the time the PO is released. Not sure if it works with the subcontracting but that is a form of PO.

Craig
Craig

Postby epvn » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi

1. Let us assume if QM is not there then MM how they will handle it?
i assume once first subcontrator finish his job then he will transfer to 2nd one -drop shipment (once 2nd subcon confirm the receipt he will inform your client in that case
in SAP how MM person receive it and send 2nd subcontrator?

2.you want to control the stock with QM -QI stock?

3. Just an suggestion
If you create one storge location as Subcontracter1 stoge location from there move to another subcontracter2 Storage location - create an inspection lot- ?

does it make sense
Srinivasan
epvn

Postby Trygve » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi !

Thanks Craig.

Source inspection worked perfect. I got the inspection lot and if rejecting no GR could be made. If GR was made prior to UD it went into QI stock and thus we'd know if someones broken the procedure (either lab not doing the UD in SAP when approving in real life or the subcontractor shipping prior to acceptance). Both lab and MM is really pleased, and so am I. :D :D :D

Thanks for your suggestions epvn.

If source inspection hadn't worked I'd probably had to look at something like that, but MM wouldn't been very pleased.
When doing subcontracting you'll need to have your materials that's going to be consumed provided to vendor. In this setup (and it's standard SAP)the first subcontracting is made so that the first subcontractor gets the address of the second subcontractor as delivery address. The system automatically make the GR as 'Material provided to vendor'.
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Re: QM & subcontracting. (Solved)

Postby Craig » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:36 am

Glad it worked for you!

I hadn't done it for subcontracting before but now I know it'll work if I need to.

Craig
Craig

Postby Trygve » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:23 am

I just discovered that if movement 101 O is deactivated for QM (std SAP) the stock will go to QI after an acceptance, while if 101 O is activated the stock will go to Unrestricted use.

If rejected, goods will not be accepted independent of activation of 101 O.
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Postby Craig » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:35 am

I assume you are talking about an acceptance of the source inspection lot?

I can understand that actually. Even though you have inspected the material via the source inspection, I think because you have the O deactivated it doesn't even look for an existing source inspection lot. Thus it just follows your material master settings and puts the material to QI. When the O is activated, it sees the accepted exisiting source inspection lot and puts the material to unrestricted.

I could have never known that for sure however without actually doing it though!

I appreciate you updating the posting! :D

Craig
Craig

Postby Trygve » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:04 am

This was an answer to a deleted posting.

If you need some explanation I think you'll need to be a bit more specific. :wink:
Last edited by Trygve on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Postby thx4allthefish » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:52 am

Trygve wrote:If you need some explanation I think you'll need to be a bit more specific. :wink:

sorry Trygve, I have deleted the post you are answering to, because it was put here by a SPAMmer.
curiousorange wrote:I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?
thx4allthefish

Return to Logistics QM