Confirmation into QI, Receiving into UR?

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

MMPP

Confirmation into QI, Receiving into UR?

Post by MMPP » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:57 pm

Is it possible to set all production orders to confirm into Quality Inspection stock by default, INDEPENDENT from the setting in MARC/material master? If so how?

The reason I am asking is that we have certain materials that are both being purchased and produced, and if they are purchased, they will be received into unrestricted, and if they are confirmed from production orders, they will go into QI. With the setting in the material master it's either/or, the same field is used for the purchasing and work scheduling view :roll:

Thanks for your time,
MMPP :mrgreen:

Greg_S

Post by Greg_S » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:16 pm

If your QI stock location is a storage location, then you enter this storage location in the "Issue stor. location".

If the material is also purchased and you want the purchased portion to go into a different storage location, enter the different storage location in the "Storage loc. for EP" field.

We don't have any mixed supply items so I haven't tested this but I believe this is where it is done.

MMPP

Post by MMPP » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:49 pm

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your help again. The storage location isn't the issue, but rather the stock type. We have many different storage locations, and during the "aging" of the product it is kept in QI, and then later transferred to UR and sold (same sloc).

I was looking for a way to default purchased product to UR stock type, and produced product to QI stock type. Since the same indicator is used, it's either or :shock:

I figure we will set them all to QI, and if we receive those materials the indicator can be set in MIGO.

Hans Bjelke

Post by Hans Bjelke » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:17 pm

MMPP
this a QM problem, you could set inspection type "04" as active only, not the "01", this way only receipts from production will have an inspection lot. Of course , you can manage also to create inspection lots from purchase orders, but without having the stock in quality
Hope this helps.-
Hans

MMPP

Post by MMPP » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:32 pm

Hans,

We don't use QM/inspection lots :( Just different stock types.

Thank you,