This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Firmed Planned Orders

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Firmed Planned Orders

Postby MMPP » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:23 pm

Is it possible to fix the components of a planned order after changing them, yet still have MRP update planned order quantities if the demand changes?

In the header, under firming, we cannot uncheck the Plnd Order indicator while the Component indicator is checked. Is there any workaround for that?
MMPP

Re: Firmed Planned Orders

Postby Ramarao » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:32 pm

What is firming for if you still want to allow MRP to update quantity? You must not change the date, is it?
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Postby MMPP » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Thanks for the response!

We are updating components in planned orders due to substitutions, where we are not getting the component planned according to the BOM.

So we want to keep the updated components, but quantities would need to be adjusted in case our PIRs change.
MMPP

Postby JohnnyB » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:46 am

Hi MMPP

I don't think there is an easy workaround. But perhaps I need to understand your business scenario better. Are these substitutions rather random or based on certain rules? If there was a rule set, you could try making it part of your master data by defining different production versions with different BOM alternatives and switch accordingly. You could also look at defining usages probabilities for the BOM items in questions.

JohnnyB
JohnnyB

Postby MMPP » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:50 am

Hi Johnny,

They are random. Often our plan is done late and we are struggling to get the components and run into these situations where we have to substitute components.

As a work-around, I will create a report showing differences between PIR quantities and Planned Order quantities, indicating a change in the plan where a planned order was firmed and therefore can't be adjusted.
MMPP

Return to Logistics PP