This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

MD04 / MD06 Requested Date

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

MD04 / MD06 Requested Date

Postby IngoKnito » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi everybody, i hope someone of you can help me with a current problem.

Especially in our aftermarket segment of the company we have often the situation that customer orders get entered into sap with a customer wish delivery date of today or tomorrow due to the urgency spare part orders might have, the total production time of the product is still a few weeks though. At least like our sap system is set-up the customer wish delivery date in the sales order is equal to the requested date of the production order, no matter what actual scheduling is saying. what now happens is, that this production order occurs daily in md06 with an exception code telling us to reschedule the production to today, what is really annoying of course.

My question is now at first whether it is really a customizing set-up thing to which date of the sales order the requested date of the production order is linked? Or is it always the customer wish date?
IngoKnito

Re: MD04 / MD06 Requested Date

Postby Sharpshooter » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:05 am

If you tick the "Fix date/qty" field on the sales order schedule line, requirements will be transferred to MRP at the confirmed date instead of the want date. Doing this has far reaching business process implications so it should be discussed with your entire team.
Essentially ticking the box tells SAP that the customer has accepted your confirmed date and as such, the sales order is no longer considered a backorder.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Return to Logistics PP