This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Routing multiple Work Centers making same part at diff rates

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Routing multiple Work Centers making same part at diff rates

Postby woodysv650 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:36 am

Hello SAPers

I have just started work in SAP in my factory and have a few "anomalies" from our production method which I have yet to discover the answers to.

We have 2 work centers that both produce 4 different products. Each product has a different through put rate and one work center is faster than the other.

e.g.
W/C 1 will make Part A in 35 seconds, Part B in 36.5secs, Part C in 37sec <<<>>> W/C 2 will make part A in 44 secs, Part B in 48secs, Part C in 52sec & so on.

I've routed currently to the faster of the two machines but I have an allowance for only 1 work center & yes, we will need both running at the same time, making the same part (albeit at different rates). How can I route same work to go through the different work centers as to tie-in with the production demand?

Any help would be much appreciated & also, Hello!

Woody :)
woodysv650

Re: Routing multiple Work Centers making same part at diff rates

Postby ESCOCES » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:27 am

Hi,

Normally this kind of problem has one solution:

a) Define two different lines of production each one tied to a WC
b) Define two different recipes one for each production line
c) Via C223 create two different versions for the same material

Example

Recipe 001 ->W/C 1
Recipe 002 ->W/C 2

Version 001 Material A – Recipe 001
Version 002 material A – Recipe 002

Of course when you create a OP you will habe cleare in which production line you will make the product
Regards
ESCOCES
ESCOCES

Postby woodysv650 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:53 am

Sounds great thanks!

Would I have to set it as a default to run through w/c 1 then? In fairness, we run mainly one part through machine 1, with machine 2 running the rest but we have to sometimes change gangsize which reduces the run rate, would this get wrapped up with different recipes? (I sniff a decimal person labour saving is all)
woodysv650

Postby ESCOCES » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi,

a) The default normally is the version most important, so, if you have two production lines and one of them makes 80%, this should be the default.

b) If you need to change original quantity in your Production order, you can change quantity to produce to, so this make changes in quantities material for consumption and of course in hours of overhead, and of course alwais you have tha chance to change manualy each date of the production order.

c) One more thing you alway can declare prodction via COR6 if for example you need inform more or less overhead hours.
Regards
ESCOCES
ESCOCES

Return to Logistics PP