This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

PP for raw material to semi finished product

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

PP for raw material to semi finished product

Postby comusat » Tue May 13, 2014 3:56 am

Morning all, I'm currently looking at a production site that take a raw material and process it into a semi-finished product.
The bit I'm struggling with is that there isn't a direct relationship between the amount of raw to the amount of semi-finished.

How would it be possible to set up the BOMs or Orders to handle this variable relationship?
The site takes a fruit and extracts the juice, but the amount of juice extracted varies.

Anyone have any ideas?
Also, I'm not a PP person, but an MM one, so I'm not completely familiar with the capabilities of PP.
Thanks
comusat

Re: PP for raw material to semi finished product

Postby Jim.Longworth » Tue May 13, 2014 4:36 am

hi,

In a simlar situation, I put in a BoM with an average / expected quantity and then put in a relevant under and over delivery tolerance on the work scheduling view of the parent.
E.g. I expect 70 KG of juice from 100 KG of fruit without pulping, but I can get upto 84 KG and as little as 63 KG. So 70 KG Base qty, 100 KG component qty, under delivery 10% and over delivery of 20%.

Hope that helps,
All the Best,
Jim
Jim.Longworth

Re: PP for raw material to semi finished product

Postby comusat » Tue May 13, 2014 4:44 am

Thanks for that Jim, that makes a lot more sense now.

I can have a word with the production guys to get the expected averages and create the BOMs based on that, with the under/over delivery tolerance as you suggested.

Many thanks for your help, I can now see a way forward with this!

Cheers
Lee
comusat

Return to Logistics PP