This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Issue in Batch Mangement

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Issue in Batch Mangement

Postby saiyamram » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:34 am

Hi
Need your help for solving my doubts in handling batch management. The scenario is as follows
First i create production order of a material which is HALB in bulk quantity while relasing the production order i will be creating batch number which has SLED date of 180 days. From this bulk quantity i will create production order for converting it in small qunatities and this material is of FERT type. My requirement is i will be using the same batch number derived from HALB material and the batch date should show me old date details.
In standard functionality when i update the Batch numer manually and confirm the FERT order system updates the date of confirmation in the batch instead of old dates
I tried to my knowledge could not able to find solution for this hence seeking your help for resolving this requirement
saiyamram

Re: Issue in Batch Mangement

Postby thiswayup » Thu May 08, 2014 5:54 am

Just using the same batch number for the HALB and the FERT doesn't automatically make it the same batch - as they are different materials they are strictly different batches.

You should be able to do what you need to do with the Batch Derivation functionality.
In this, the HALB batch is the "sender" and the FERT is the "receiver".
You can then define Batch Derivation conditions to carry (say) the date of manufacture of the HALB batch to the FERT batch in the HALB->FERT conversion production order. The expiry date of the FERT can then be automatically calculated by adding the 180 days to the DoM of the HALB batch used in the conversion and pulled through to the FERT batch.
thiswayup

Return to Logistics PP