This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

MRP doesn't consider sales order but considers delivery

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

MRP doesn't consider sales order but considers delivery

Postby Denisa » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:39 am

Hello,

I have a request to customize for a special Item category in Sales order :
to NOT be considered by MRP when a sales order is created (and delivery is not created yet) (no entries in MD04, in MMBE Sales order etc)
but TO BE considered by MRP since a delivery is created (and then processed until Good issue).
Do you think it is possible?

Thank you!
Denisa

Re: MRP doesn't consider sales order but considers delivery

Postby kirkupm » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:19 am

The best solution I can think of here is to set up a storage location that is not-MRP relevant and specify that location in the sales document. The system will not create any requirement to produce or purchase parts but the sales order will still show in MD04. Then when the delivery is created you change the storage location to one that is MRP relevant and then it is taken into account by MRP.

I have no idea why anyone would want this scenario though. Can you please provide more details as to why this is being requested because there could be a better solution to your requirement.
kirkupm

Re: MRP doesn't consider sales order but considers delivery

Postby Denisa » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:43 am

Thank you for your answer.

But it seems that I've just found a way to process...
According to SAP doc:
"Settings for the transfer of requirements specific to schedule lines are only relevant for sales documents. In the shipping documents, the settings for the requirements class apply. The requirements class is determined from the requirements type of the material."

So I left active " Transfer of requirement" in requirement type but deactivated it for schedule line. And as a result I didn't see my sales order in MD04 nor in MMBE, but when the delivery was created it was in both MD04 and MMBE. I will do more testing to ensure that everything works correctly in all the cases.

To answer to your question about the scenario that requests this customizing - it is related to product selection developed locally as SAP standard product selection doesn't allow to use a BOM. So we need to develop a local solution (force the target product added by with user-exits etc).

Thanks,
Denisa

Return to Logistics PP