This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Automatic PR creation when ProdOrder created

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Automatic PR creation when ProdOrder created

Postby calin » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:58 am

Hello gurus,

I´m new in PP. We have a planned order with BOM for 1 operation created from MRP. For each ROH material of BOM the MRP creates a planned order. The ROH materials have external procurement setting. When the production order is created from planned order, the purchase requisitions are created automatically for ROH materials contained in BOM. We need not to create the purchase requisition automatically when create the production order but to be available to create manually later in the process. Please suggest what configuration could be applied for this case?

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
calin

Re: Automatic PR creation when ProdOrder created

Postby Baisse22 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:56 am

Hi,

that means, you don´t want to have MRP for ROH? Just set the ROH on MRP Type ND in Material Master MRP view 1.

Baisse22
Baisse22

Postby kirkupm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:02 am

I'm not sure why you would want to not create purchase requisitions but in the MD01 Planning Run you can select the option to create planned orders instead of purchase requisitions and then later convert them into purchase requisitions.
kirkupm

Postby Ramarao » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:15 am

I think the question here is why "automatically creating" PurReq on converting to Prd Order. For this the reason might be that you have these materials setup as Non-stock components (item category = N) on the BOM? If you change them to stock item (item category = L) then the PurReq will not be "automatic" it would just be a reservation, which then later would create a PurReq based on planning parameters when MRP is run. As mentioned in the previous reply, in this case you have the choice to create a PurReq or just a Planned order to satisfy the reservation, while running MRP.

Hope this answers your question.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Return to Logistics PP