This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Goods Issue to Production Order Question

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Goods Issue to Production Order Question

Postby 3042517 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:09 am

My customer has a process where two different chemicals are issued to a production order and a portion of the material is recoved into a storage tank as a 50/50 blend of both materials. The blended material can then be issued to other production orders. In their legacy system they have a custom process where the blended material is like a phantom where they record the issue of the blended material and the custom process splits the GI and posts half to each of the real materials. The phantom is not an inventoried material.

I've tried setting up the blend as a phantom but when I create a production order and do a GI it proposes the two real materials. Ideally what I want to happen is for the GI to propose the phantom , accept a quantity for the phantom and then post half to one of the materials and half to the other based on the split in the phantom BOM.

I'm not aware of any way to do that in standard SAP but thought I'd check to see if anybody has come across this and how they solved it.

Thanks in advance,

Darrell

Re: Goods Issue to Production Order Question

Postby Ramarao » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:23 am

Did you try INTRA material type for the intermediate material (phantom)? I personally never used it but it rings a bells as I read your requirements - check that out.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Re: Goods Issue to Production Order Question

Postby gadele » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:05 am

Hello Darrel

Considering your scenario I would suggest you to use Direct Production. Direct production is similar to a phantom but it is a real material with bill of material and Master Recipe or routing. As soon as you create a Process Order for FG the system will create a Child order for the Blend. When you confirm the order and make de GI for components you will also do the GI for the Blend. A and B Chemicals will be GI by child order and Blend (semi-finished) will be GI by main process order.

Implementation:
1) You just need to have a HALB (or a customized one) material for the Blend and put 52 as a special procurement key along with the E as procurement type of course.
2) Include this Blend material into the FG Bill_of_Materials

Please refer to SAP help for further details about Direct Production http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/f4/7d2c1544af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards
Gastón :D
gadele

Return to Logistics PP