This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Sales Orders not Consuming the available quantity in MD04

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Sales Orders not Consuming the available quantity in MD04

Postby malikna » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:37 am

Hi,

After running MRP, the open sales orders are not getting deducted from the available quantity showing in MD04.

Although the MRP run for another Plant is ok where open sales orders are deducted from available quantity.

Both plants have same configuration settings.

However, it is running ok for another material in another company and plant.

I have compared all material master data settings in MRP views. My strategy group is 10 and consumption mode is 2 with 180 and 180 days.

The MRP type is PD.

Please advise.

Regards
Tehseen
Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience.
malikna

Re: Sales Orders not Consuming the available quantity in MD04

Postby Ramarao » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:44 pm

With strategy group 10, I remember this is normal. The sales order shows in MD04 only for informational purposes, and has no effect on planning. Planning is driven purely by a planned independent requirement that you should enter in MD61 transaction.

In other words, you should only use this strategy group if you want a streamlined production based on plan, without disturbing it based on actual orders for selling the product. The plan itself should be arrived at after carefully considering sales requirements, and should be suitably modified periodically.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Postby malikna » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:01 am

Thnx Ramarao,

But in my other plant, i have also used strategy group 10 and sales order quantity is getting deducted from the available quantity column in MD04.

Please advise

Tehseen
Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience.
malikna

Postby Ramarao » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:34 am

That's not normal. Are you sure this is a sales order created after the strategy group was updated to 10?

Sales orders (and other MRP elements) inherit the master data at the time of creation and do not automatically change when master data is changed - that's why my above question.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Postby Sharpshooter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Not only that but depending on how the strategy group and determination of requirements type in the sales order is configured, it may be possible for the user to change the requirements type in the sales order. You have to check everything and not assume the requirement type is indeed the default inferred by the main strategy!

Dave
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby Ramarao » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Yes ofcourse. I am only talking about standard strategy group 10 without any config or code tweaking - it should not consume PIR or add to available quantity when you enter a sales order in this scenario.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Return to Logistics PP