This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

How can MPS/MRP plan the independent requirement separately

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

How can MPS/MRP plan the independent requirement separately

Postby kevin1979 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:13 am

Hi Gurus:
We have a FG, which have two production line with different production version. We forecast, plan and produce the FG by production version separately.
We maintain the PIR(MD61) for the FG, and each requirement line is assigned to a specific production version. and system generate planned order after MPS run.
We face problem if there are two requirements from different production version fall in the same date. System will group the requirement, and generate just ONE planned order with a random PV. We want it to create 2 separate planned orders for specific production version. Is it possible? How to do it?

Further info:
Material Master: The lot size was set as "EX", the "individual requirement" maintained "1".

Can anyone advise how I do this

BR
Kevin
kevin1979

Re: How can MPS/MRP plan the independent requirement separately

Postby Ramarao » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Are you using two different active versions of planned independent requiremetns for the two production versions, and expecting them individually to be able to read their own BOM's and Routings? And this is working if they are not on different dates, but not working when the requirement date falls on the same date?

If so, this is a very interesting question - which I have never first hand attempted myself. What I can think of is, SAP would want to create supply plans for your material at plant level, and doesn't like the source/version selection so upfront in planning.

But why would you want to do the supply planning (either to use prod version 1 or 2) upfront while specifying demand? There are tools to first generate a planned order and then split it between two prod versions either manually or automatically using Quotas, which is actually the process of MPS.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Re: How can MPS/MRP plan the independent requirement separately

Postby Ramarao » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Btw, let me add that the MRP 'bucket' is a day at the minimum. Without complicating your question with production versions, if you asked if 2 separate requirements (sales orders, for example) fell on the same day, MRP would plan for them together, even if you are expecting 'Lot for Lot". Thats just the way it is setup in the standard system.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Return to Logistics PP