This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

ATP: Scope of check with Reservations in Process Orders

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

ATP: Scope of check with Reservations in Process Orders

Postby HaroldUK » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi Experts,
in the Availability Check - Scope of check and under In/ Outward movements, I can see check boxes for 'Include Reservations' and 'Include Dependent Reservations (Include all reservations or only include withdrawable reservations)', what are the differences by ticking these boxes? How is the system behavior based on these configurations? Appreciate if you can explain with some examples. Thanks

Harold.
HaroldUK

Re: ATP: Scope of check with Reservations in Process Orders

Postby Sharpshooter » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:29 am

"Include reservations" is on the supply side of the ATP calculation. "Include dependent reservations" is on the demand side. "Withdrawable reservations" are those coming from a released production/process order. I agree, the SAP terminology/field help leaves a lot to be desired here. It was probably a couple of years working with this before the light came on!

Dave
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby Ramarao » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Dave

I would think the "Include reservations" still refers to the demand side, but to the manual reservations created in MB21. Are you sure it is really the supply side? What reservations can be considered as supply side?- are you talking about the co/bi-products?

Thanks,
Last edited by Ramarao on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Postby Sharpshooter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:01 am

You might be right - I can't remember the context where I encountered this, but I do remember it involved a negative reservation quantity, hence supply. I believe it was a by-product on a production order (not a manual reservation) but I could be wrong.
Dave
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Return to Logistics PP