This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Printing shop paper based on order type

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Printing shop paper based on order type

Postby Jim.Longworth » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:55 am

Hi,

I know that there was a topic raised years ago but it never got answered.

We have a situation in a newly implemented plant and the next to be implemented where we need to define the printer on which shop paper is printed by the order type rather than by the user id.

I have set
- the Printer Specification for each order type via printer determination for MRP Controller and set to the relevant printer in each case
- the Forms are set to $* as output device (which is accessible via F4 from TSP03)

However, the "Spool parameters for user" is necessary and cannot be set to $* as it does not come up via F4 from TSP03 !?!?!? :twisted:

So, it seems to me that
the Spool parameters for user is the primary default which would block targeting the printer by order type
then the Forms is the secondary default which would set a printer per form rather than by order type
so the printer specifications doesn't seem to have a place!

The trouble is that I am certain that I have done this elsewhere (albeit in process orders). :oops:

Can anybody share any experiences with OPK8, please?

Thanks in advance,
All the Best,
Jim
Jim.Longworth

Re: Printing shop paper based on order type

Postby Sharpshooter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:19 am

Jim,
As long as there is no entry for a specific user, the "Spool parameters for user" generic entry(ies) (User = '*', Plant = '*') is(are) the last thing used and the printer by order type should work. At least that's how I'm doing it in the system I am in now - and have done it this way virtually every place I configured this. FWIW, I have always set the Output Device to '$*' at the form level.
Dave
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby Jim.Longworth » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:29 am

Hi,

Thanks for confirming that it can be done. Unfortunately, it doesn't here and I believe that I have all set up the way you say.

Any chance of some screenshots of every menu so that I can see where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance
All the Best,
Jim
Jim.Longworth

Postby Sharpshooter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:27 am

Jim,

I cannot provide screenshots from this system here - policy of the company. But field T496P-PRT_SRC is the key to all of this. If you set this to '03', it should do what you want.
If in CO02 / CO03 you choose Order --> Settings --> Print info It will show you the entries it is trying to use from OPK8.
Example:
Code: Select all
Document Control     
Ref. doc. type   PP01 
List Control     
Ref. doc. type   PP01 
Plant   0001 
MRP Controller   * 
Transaction   CO03 
Spool Parameters     
Plant   * 
User   * 

Dave
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby Jim.Longworth » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:23 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks very much, I will work through this and find where I was an idiot.
All the Best,
Jim
Jim.Longworth

Postby Sharpshooter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:20 am

Also consider that someone could have done a mod somewhere and derailed the SAP logic! It's burned me more than once (although not in PP printing - yet)!

Dave
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby JohnnyB » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:14 am

Hi Jim

As Sharpshooter already pointed out, this should definitely work. I'm basically only using the generic entry in "Spool parameters for user" plus some entries for development & test purposes.

In fact, the generic entry is actually hard-coded. The user IDs are taken from the check table USR21 and a generic entry is then added in subroutine f4_usr (main program SAPL0C17) called by MODULE v_t496d_f4_usr. You could maybe check, if anybody tampered with this?

JohnnyB
JohnnyB

Return to Logistics PP