This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

PM Work Order integration to PP Production order

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

PM Work Order integration to PP Production order

Postby hayls_b » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:53 am

Hi experts,

We have a requirement in the PM/PP space.

The internal production requirements are triggered in PM Work Orders (through specify the need for finished product on the componet tabs). This flows through the normal Reservation, MRP, Planned Order, Production Order route.

However, the time that the job or operation is to be performed, need to be visible on the Production Order in order for the Production team to dictate which shift (Day or Night) produce the product. Date flows through fine .... but I'm struggling to link a time specified in PM Work Order in to PP.

I'd like to try an automate this where possilbe - as I'm aware that the work around could be simply to get the Production staff to also run a PM report.

Any help?
hayls_b

Re: PM Work Order integration to PP Production order

Postby Ramarao » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't have specific information at hand, but conceptually, MRP works in daily buckets, so if you requirement date is tomorrow, the planned order will be completed today end of day based on shift schedules, assuming there is no GR processing time.

While converting the planned order or while entering production orders manually there may be scope to influence specific time to which the order needs to scheduled, via a user exit may be.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Return to Logistics PP