This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

ATP with MRP Area

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

ATP with MRP Area

Postby 3042517 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:06 pm

I have a stock transport order where the supplying plant uses MRP Areas. When I do the ATP check it fails because the STO is looking in one MRP Area but the stock is in another MRP Area. I've looked around at the master data and config but can't figure out what controls which MRP Area the STO would look for stock.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Re: ATP with MRP Area

Postby Moddard » Thu May 23, 2013 6:45 am

By default STOs dont have an issuing storage location. Thus the plant MRP area of the supplying plant delivers the materials.
ATP (and MRP) look into the plant MRP area for stock.
Activating use of issuing storage location in STOs needs customizing and possibly implementation of BADIs. And of course careful process design :). If the issuing storage location in the STO is populated then ATP (and MRP) should see the requirement in the corresponding storage location MRP area.
Moddard
Moddard

Postby 3042517 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:07 am

Moddard,

Thanks for the reply. One more question. I see the reference in the IMG to the BADI for determination of the issuing storage location but you also referenced some configuration. Where is that config and what does it involve.

Darrell

Postby Moddard » Mon May 27, 2013 9:25 am

Darrell,
I meant the cust. 'Activate Stock Transfer Between Storage Locations' (IMG... Purchase Order ->
Set up Stock Transport Order). Its help text mentions further settings to be considered:

from Help text in IMG:

Activate Stock Transfer Between Storage Locations
Use

This switch enables you to specify whether you wish to use the function of the issuing storage location in stock transport orders and stock transport scheduling agreements.

Standard settings

In the standard system, this function is not active.

Note that problems are liable to arise if you have entered documents with the switch activated and you subsequently deactivate the function.

Activities

Check whether you wish to use the issuing storage location in stock transport orders and maintain the indicator accordingly.

Make the settings in the following Customizing activities:

Check whether the assignment between delivery type and checking rule has to be maintained on a storage-location-specific basis. You can make the relevant settings under the menu option "Assign Delivery Type and Checking Rule According to Storage Location".
Maintain an implementation for the Business Add-In for determining the supplying plant and the issuing storage location if you wish to control the issuing storage location differently than is the case with the standard values.
Maintain the Storage-Location-Dependent Shipping Data for stock transfers between storage locations.
Set up the Shipping Point Determination According to Storage Location if necessary.

Good luck,
Moddard
Moddard

Return to Logistics PP