This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Planning Plant and Production Plant in different companies

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Planning Plant and Production Plant in different companies

Postby Jim.Longworth » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:56 am

Hi,

We have a situation at my current client where the sales plant and the manufacturing plant are in different companies.
It is a requirement that components which are supplied by the planning plant do not appear in the production plant from a valuation point-of-view.

My plan is to have the sales plant plan a production order using SPK 80 with Production in the manufacturing plant and have the relevant components in the BoM set as SPK 70 to withdraw from the sales plant into the production order in the manufacturing plant. So far so good!

My question is whether the value in the production order is in the planning plant or in the production plant?
Anybody know for certain?
Thanks in advance,
All the Best,
Jim
Jim.Longworth

Re: Planning Plant and Production Plant in different companies

Postby Ramarao » Mon May 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Jim

Ram here - how're you? Long time...

It's an interesting question. I've not done it first hand with 2 different company codes of course, but used both '80' type and '70' type special procurement keys extensively.

For '80' it is the current plant (where you enter the key) that should dictate the valuation, and for '70' it should be the other plant which is indicated in the key. That's what I'd think.

Please let me know. btw, hope these two company codes are in the same controlling area... For stock transfer type of special procurement (like '40') there was a restrictriction that the plants must belong within same controlling area... again, not sure first hand if this restriction is valid also on 80 and 70, but why not.. I'd think so.

Regards,
Ram
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Re: Planning Plant and Production Plant in different companies

Postby Ramarao » Mon May 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Jim,

Read your post again, I guess you're asking value in the order, while in production - and it should also be to the 'target' plant where stocking is going to be done, that is, the plant where you entered the '80' key in the mateiral master of the header material.

~Ram
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Return to Logistics PP