This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Plan Material Regularly Indicator in MRP Type

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Plan Material Regularly Indicator in MRP Type

Postby 3042517 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:23 am

There's a Plan Material Regularly indicator in the MRP Type config that I've never used before.

The helps says the following:

The indicator determines that materials with this MRP type are to be included in planning in regular intervals, even if this material has not undergone a change relevant to MRP.

In R/3 Retail, the indicator for multistep replenishment establishes that the system includes the planning cycle for the planning of materials.

If I turn this indicator on, what is the interval that that the material will be planned? We are currently running a NETCH MRP run every night and a REGEN MRP run every month. I'm considering running the REGEN more frequently to make sure every material gets planned even if it didn't have an MRP relevant change. How does this indicator differ from just running the REGEN more frequently?

Also, the help mentions R/3 retail which we do not use. Is this indicator specific to R/3 Retail?

Any guidance from someone that has used this setting will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Darrell

Re: Plan Material Regularly Indicator in MRP Type

Postby Ramarao » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:54 am

this indicator is only specific to certain MRP types (time phased planning?) as far as I remember. It won't affect others.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Postby 3042517 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:12 pm

What about the interval? Where is the setting that tells MRP how frequently to plan the material regardless of whether it has had an MRP relevant change?

Postby 3042517 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:18 am

I found the setting for this and it is currently set to 0 days. It's unclear to me what that means. Does 0 days mean the material will be planned every day or does it mean no value has been entered so it will not be used?

Return to Logistics PP