This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

CM25 - Two Different Users are able to Dispatch two Process

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

CM25 - Two Different Users are able to Dispatch two Process

Postby bharatram_n@yahoo.com » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:22 am

Hi ,

We have two Users who are trying to dispatch process orders in CM25 - Planning Table.
CM25 is allowing the two Users to dispatch two different process orders to the same date / time and CM25 is not raising any error since any of the User hasn't yet saved the planning result.
Because of this the two Orders are being scheduled to the same date/time in the planning table.
Is there any way to avoid the situation, for ex. locking the planning table if one user is working on it?
Any thoughts in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bharat.
bharatram_n@yahoo.com

Re: CM25 - Two Different Users are able to Dispatch two Process

Postby Sharpshooter » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:20 pm

It's been awhile since I worked in that area and I don't have access to SAP right now, but I seem to remember that you can make a setting on one of the profiles to lock the orders when accessing the planning table. Have you checked?

Dave
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby bharatram_n@yahoo.com » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response.

Locking the Orders that need to be dispatched is one aspect but my issue is different.

Let's assume two users are acessing CM25 at the same time.
One user is trying to dispatch a Order for ex. Order_001 Operation 10 to a WorkCenter 100 to Date 3/27/2013 and Time 12 P.M
Another User is trying to dispatch a different Order for ex. Order_002, Operation 10 to the same WorkCenter 100 to the same Date 3/27/2013 and Time 12 P.M

CM25 is accepting the two orders at the same date and time , may be because neither user is still working in CM25 screen and hasn't saved their planning yet.

Is there any way to avoid this situation for ex. CM25 Locking that Date / Time period when one of the Users is dispatching the Order?

Regards,
Bharat.
bharatram_n@yahoo.com

Postby Sharpshooter » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:56 am

Look at the help on field TCY49-ENQUEUEALL in OPDE. You should be able to lock all orders in the capacity pool.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Return to Logistics PP