This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

MRP run with and without regenerate

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

MRP run with and without regenerate

Postby sapitman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:07 am

Hi PP Gurus,

In my system, i do found one issues in MRP run... here is the scenario:

For one part A, it purchase from vendor V1. It do have PIR and source list set up in system.
On MRP run, the demand show that the PR was created for part A with vendor V1. In MD04, it show the requirement, PR and vendor code.
The PR stay unfixed.

Next day, vendor controller decided not purchase from the vendor V1 and make the source list to 'expired' and there suppose have no more source for this PR in next MRP run.
The MRP run with below parameter:

Procc key = NETCH
Create Pur req. = 1 (Purchase requisitions)
Delivery Schedule = 3 (Schedule lines)
Create MRP list = 1 (MRP list)
Planning mode = 1 (Adapt planning data (normal mode)).

After the MRP run with above parameter, we found that the PR number remain unchange and the source still valid refer to V1. This is not the result that we wish to see,
as the source list is not in valid date and there suppose to say this PR is un-souce....

I can simulate the scenario that i wish to see, which is change the planning mode = 3 (Delete and recreate planning data). My understand by using this method, MRP will regenerate all UNFIRMED PR, PO etcs to new number and re-read all related master data.. Using this method, i will have new unsource PR show in MRP.

Questions is ... will this method of MRP run will generate too many running number until PR or PO number used in mass??
What about planning mode = 2 which is re-explore BOM and routing? Is this method only read for new BOM / routing and NOT source list??

Appreciate if you can share which parameter run i suppose to put for my MRP run.. and why.. thanks.
Best regards,
SAP - IT - MAN
sapitman

Re: MRP run with and without regenerate

Postby Sharpshooter » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:01 am

Wouldn't the logical business process dictate that the "vendor controller" run a list of open requisitions when he expires the source list and decide what action, if any needs to be taken?

Mode '3' can have unwanted effects = schedule lines from agreements are completely regenerated causing confusing messages to be sent to suppliers; Discontinued materials are not planned properly;.......others???

I don't recall if mode '2' rechecks the source list, you can test.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby sapitman » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:25 am

Hi Sharpshooter,

I think the mode '2' does not check for source list.. tested with running using MD01 by changing mode to'2' but still the result does not seem to read new data in source list.

Here is my problem in short..

I have a material with an independent requirement with no existing inventory. If I run MRP using MD01 (with below MRP parameter, Manually or schedule in MDBT) , MRP doesn't plan the material. However, if I use MD02, it plans it correctly, and it does check for the latest source list or master data update.

I'm hoping someone can tell me what's going on.

WHY if I use MD01 or schedule using MDBT, it does not work correctly, but if i run using MD02, Single item multileve or single item single level and it works???

Pls help..
Best regards,
SAP - IT - MAN
sapitman

Postby Ramarao » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:19 pm

My attempt for your later question.

In MD02 (or MD03) you're telling the system what material(s) to plan, therefore they are planned. no confusion there.

In MD01 - the planning file (t code MD21) tells the system which materials to plan, to keep it efficient. for your case, only those materials with NETCH column and planning mode = 1 column get planned, not all others. You can check soon after changing source list data, whether there is a planning file entry marked X for one of these columns - if not, then the next planning run won't process them.

Hope this is clear?
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Return to Logistics PP