This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Sales Operation Planning- Can we plan at Semi Finish level?

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Sales Operation Planning- Can we plan at Semi Finish level?

Postby Noor2012 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:00 am

Dear All,

I am facing a scenario at a client that manufactures wire harness of car automobiles. Wireharness is created as Finished Goods Material and budget is maintained at the start of fiscal year based on the requirements from OEM. To manufacture a finished wireharness, 10 different semifinised harnesses are used and some of the semifinished harnesses are common for different variants of cars.

During the year each month, customer requirements are met by selling Finished harness and also semifinished harness. For Example, if the requirement from OEM is 5000 cars each month and OEM wants 2500 sets of finished wireharness and 2500 sets but in semifinished harness form. At the end of each month individual semifinished harness sales is added together to derive total set sales. Currently planning is done on excel.

My question to the forum is Can we plan at semifinished level and get the total comparison at finished level by using SOP or flexible planning? Or is there any way to plan?

I am using SOP and Flexible planning for other clients where planning is at Finished level and Product Group Level but the above scenario is managed by client manually and individual sales orders and planned independent requirements are entered in SAP on monthly basis.

Looking forward for positive response.

Br,

NUS
Noor2012

Re: Sales Operation Planning- Can we plan at Semi Finish level?

Postby Ramarao » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:19 pm

You're asking a modeling question, not a technical one - for which this forum may not offer the best solution. You need a consultant on site to think through your options and model it appropriately.

But at the outset, why not? It is possible to plan at semi finished level. But I don't fully understand your question about total comparison at finished level. You can perhaps roll up and compare, but again that is model dependent.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Return to Logistics PP