This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Kanban not doing Goods Issue to cost center

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Kanban not doing Goods Issue to cost center

Postby tusharsap » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 am

Hi,
I have a question about external kanbans. They are setup to do Goods Issue to cost center (201) when set to empty. When we initially mass load them, they are set to status wait. Now, if I change a kanban to empty, it does not do goods issue.
However, when goods receipt is done against scheduling agreement (Movement 101), then kanbans are status full .And if set to empty from there, they do an automatic Goods issue against cost center.

I have checked the control cycle and it does look good.

Thanks in advance.
tusharsap

Re: Kanban not doing Goods Issue to cost center

Postby Ramarao » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:03 pm

What's your replenishment strategy in the control cycle? You didn't explain what you're trying to do via the Kanban.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Postby tusharsap » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:55 am

Hi, Replenishment strategy is external to fulfill through scheduling agreement.
tusharsap

Postby Ramarao » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:53 pm

I had a similar purpose but my scheduling agreement was acct assigned to cost center (combination of acct assignment = K and item category = U). So when I trigger empty, it creates a new schedule line (which then goes thru the delivery creation process, and shipment from warehouse 15 miles away) and when I turn the Kanban to full, the GR is posted on the receiving side.

I am curious how you managed the consumption side of Kanban (empty) when you have a plain scheduling agreement without acct assignment. Do you receive them on a scheduling agreement into a storage location - when you turn them into FULL? And then what document do you link to when you turn this to empty? Did you manually enter the cost center in the Flow control of the control cycle?
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Return to Logistics PP