This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

BOM Archive-Resolved

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

BOM Archive-Resolved

Postby 3042517 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:40 pm

I'm trying to archive a couple of bills of material so that I can change the base unit of measure for a material. The BOM's were created in an earlier implementation and never used then they decided that the UOM for the material should be different. The problem is that they changed the BOM with a change record so now there's still an entry in MAST even though the BOM has been deleted. Anyway, I started looking at the archive process for BOM's using SARA or CS28 but get an error when I run the step to create the archive file. The error says Archive File /depot/hema_backup/archive/PP_CS_BOM_20121015 cannot be opened for write program.

I'm still reading through the archive documentation but technically this stuff is a little over my head. I'm trying to get some help from one of the developers but I'm hoping someone on SAPFans might be able to provide some pointers on the process.

Any insight on this process will be greatly appreciated
Last edited by 3042517 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: BOM Archive

Postby Sharpshooter » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:08 am

Do you really need to archive? Why not simply delete it?
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby 3042517 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:49 am

I have deleted the BOM but when I then go the the material master and try to change the UOM I still get the error that there's a BOM. I thinks it's because it was changed with a change master record because when I check MAST after the delete the record is still there. There were others records that I also wanted to change but I was able to delete them by ignoring the warning that a change master was required. For those there is no entry in MAST after I do the delete. I'm assuming it's because of the change master and the archive will delete the MAST entry. Am I missing something.

Postby Sharpshooter » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:13 am

You need to delete without using ECM. If you have already deleted with ECM, try shifting the date of the change master into the future, then go back to CS02 and delete without ECM.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Re: BOM Archive - Resolved

Postby 3042517 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:01 pm

They already deleted it with an ECN before I got involved. I didn't try what you suggested but was able to get the archive program to work. It ended up being a missing directory in the path the program was trying to write to. Once that was added the program ran and archived the BOM (removed the entry from MAST).

All is right in the world again. Thanks for the feedback.

Return to Logistics PP