This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Operation ID

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Operation ID

Postby erik0972 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:47 am

There is a field that appears on productionorder operations - Operation ID
The help text indicates that 'When you create an operation or sub-operation, you can enter an operation ID" ... it also states "If you do not enter an operation ID, the system will create one automatically"
The seems to be the case in our system
However ... some operations have expressed an interest is specifying this value rather that using a system default

We have seen this as a field that can be specified when using a BAPI to create routings and their operations

The question is this ...
1 ... where is this data stored for the routing? ... we can verify that if its provided it is copied to the production order but as yet haven't found the table - thought it would be PLPO but where we've set values I haven't been able to see them when using this table in SE16
2 ... the help text implies [and the BAPI seems to confirm] that this field can be defined when creating an operation .. yet I don't see this field on the operation entry screen in CA01 or CA02 ... also haven't located anything in SPRO that would activte it .... so the real questionis this - does anyone know how to enter in operation ID when defining a routing?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer some insight on these questions
erik0972

Re: Operation ID

Postby erik0972 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:10 am

A follow-up to the orginial posting ...
question 1 is resolved ... the field is on PLPO [OPRID] .. need to go to a 2nd page to view it - operator error in this case

question 2 remains open for anyone that can answer
erik0972

Re: Operation ID

Postby Sharpshooter » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:26 am

This field description is "External operation ID". I take this to mean that it is used in the case where routings are maintained external to SAP in some other PDM software and transferred subsequently to SAP. The field does not seem to be usable for a process totally internal to SAP.

This is my best guess, for what it's worth - I really don't know for sure.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Return to Logistics PP