This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Automatic posting of Confirmed scrap-quantity (AFRUD-XMNGA)

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Automatic posting of Confirmed scrap-quantity (AFRUD-XMNGA)

Postby bart jongen » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:40 am

Dear,

We have the following scenario:
During Order confirmation (CO15) we enter a Confirmed scrap-quantity (AFRUD-XMNGA).
We want this quantity to be posted to a separate Storage location, into Blocked stock during automatic Goods Receipt (triggered by Control key in the last Operation within the Routing); For this GR into Blocked stock we will either create a separate Movement type (OMJJ) or use user exit EXIT_SAPLCOZF_003 in Enhancement PPCO0006.

My first thought was to try to solve this within the Goods Movement Overview-screen within CO15:
The Confirmed scrap-quantity should then be populated automatically in the Goods Movement Overview-screen, and with a default other Storage location (COWB_COMP-LGORT) and Movement type (COWB_COMP-BWART).
Does anyone have experience with that?
I suspect we will need userexit EXIT_SAPLCORF_101 for this purpose, but I am not sure this will work since the Storage location and Movement type are populated in structure COWB_COMP.

Another solution could be to solve it in MM-IM (in BAdI's MB_DOCUMENT_BADI/MB_MIGOITEM_BADI for example).
Does anyone have experience with that e.g. is that a better solution?

Clues that make sense e.g. give a solution to our requirement are highly appreciated and will be rewarded!
Thanks a lot in advance,
Kind regards,
Bart Jongen
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
bart jongen

Re: Automatic posting of Confirmed scrap-quantity (AFRUD-XMNGA)

Postby Ramarao » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:48 am

Bart

During confirmation, Auto GR for the yield is the only available function - the rest is considered as process wastage but no movements are anticipated for that. You may have to do so much to make an additional GR posting for the scrap quantity.

It may be better to call up the MM posting as a separate next step, after completing the GR for the yield. You may want to automate this via the BADI's - this seems to be a better solution in my opinion.

~ Ram
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Postby Sharpshooter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:13 am

I have seen a company develop their own confirmation transaction that posts both the PP confirmation as well as a scrap posting according to their own rules. There are BAPIs for both PP confirmations as well as goods movement.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby bart jongen » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:46 am

Dear Ramarao and Sharpshooter,

Thanks to both of you for your answers; I will go forward with your inputs.
Seems either way this will imply a considerable amount of developement.
Kind regards,
Bart Jongen
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
bart jongen

Postby JohnnyB » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:41 am

Hi Bart

Just to add my two cents worth: you want to post it to a dedicated storage location, since the scrap carries a certain (maybe recoverable?) value, right? How about defining these materials as by-products (i.e. negative item qty) and set the backflush indicator. Which means if you do you confirmation, you will get an automatic movement to the defined storage location (different movement type, though).

However, watch out for the cost impact: due to the negative qty, it is a credit to the order, which decreases your manufacturing costs.

Just a thought...
JohnnyB
JohnnyB

Return to Logistics PP