This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Work center with 2 capacities

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Work center with 2 capacities

Postby Waebou » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Hello,

For one specific work center I need to maintain two capacities : one for the set-up of machine with a specific calendar (5 days a week) and one for the machine execution with another calendar (7 days a week, 24 h/day).
Unfortunately, for the scheduling I can only affect one of these two capacities. That means that if I affect the machine capacity, the scheduling of the set-up is based on the machine calendar. Therefore, the scheduling result is exactly the same with 2 capacities or only one (with the formulas for both set-up and execution time).
My question : is there a way to schedule the set-up time based on the set-up capacity and to schedule the execution time based on the machine capacity ?

Another question : what is the point of maintaining several capacities in one work center as only one is used for the scheduling ?

Thanks for your help.

Waebou
Waebou

Re: Work center with 2 capacities

Postby ESCOCES » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi,

Why you do not use set-up keys or tow diferents work centers?
Regards
ESCOCES
ESCOCES

Re: Work center with 2 capacities

Postby Ramarao » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Waebou

when multiple capacities are used in a work center, there can be a conflict to schedule based on one versus the other. Therefore for scheduling only one capacity category can be used. You would use whichever capacity category is the critical or bottleneck, to calculate scheduling, and leave the other ones out.

Hope this makes sense.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Return to Logistics PP